Formica laminate stockists

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siggy_7

Full time tool collector, part time woodworker
Reaction score
I'm looking to get some smooth white-ish formica-type laminate sheet for a router table top and also to fix onto jigs etc. Whereabouts in the Bristol/Gloucester/Somerset area stocks it? I tried Robbins Timber but drew a blank. I can get it for £20 a sheet on eBay, but the delivery is nearly as much again which seems a bit daft.

Have you tried severnply (now part of Timbmets)

Or you could try a "wanted" in the market place some one here may have an offcut that would do.

I didn't have any luck locally a few years ago and ended up with the local Jewsons branch ordering a sheet in for me, only came in 10' x 5' and cost about £45 if I recall.......

Cheers, Paul

Thanks for your responses, seems like it's not the easiest of stuff to get hold of. I can get some from Timbmets for £45+VAT per sheet but they order it in - I suspect from Saxon. I'll probably try them. Thanks.

Funnily enough. just been looking for the same thing. IDS quoted me £26.43 (forgot to ask if that included the VAT on a 10' x 5' sheet of 0.8mm thick of their fundemental range.

The delivery was £25 so I baulked, I was told I could collect but they have issues and requirements for first time buyers. They seemed friendly and helpful enough though.

That's really helpful to know, as I'm passing by Exeter in a couple of weeks time so I could potentially get it from IDS. What do you mean by "issues and requirements for first time buyers", are they trade-only?

They wanted me to create an account,,as I am only a hobbyist I didn't want that hastle. They told me I could turn up (by appointment ) and collect by paying cash or chip and pin. That part is no big deal but just couldn't work out why it was so bureaucratic, not as it it was the crown jewels.

Give them a call first to establish their arrangements and requirements, that aside they were friendly and helpful.

Back