For the box turners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dalboy":2tzb46mj said:
Bigbud78":2tzb46mj said:
Anyone know what Lathe he is using ? looks massive !

That is a VB36 a very nice lathe indeed. I wish I could afford one

Holy moly, amazing looking beast but not cheap are they :shock: Makes my Tyme cub look like a Tonker toy xD

thank you for watching, part 2 coming soon.

the vb36 is expensive now, but it wasn't too bad compared to others when I bought it about 16 or 17 years ago

cornucopia":31vv2tce said:

the vb36 is expensive now, but it wasn't too bad compared to others when I bought it about 16 or 17 years ago

Really enjoyed the video, I've not turned any boxes yet but have the timber waiting, I need to get in contact with my local tree surgeon asap :D

All turning is on hold atm until I build a new bench for my baby lathe, I was getting a lot of chatter and vibration :(

cornucopia":2h4sccm6 said:

As I said else where great video and thank you.

I would love to buy that lathe but a bit out of my price range also I don't think my shed floor would take the weight George.

thanks Dalboy, its not as heavy as it looks at only about a 1/3rd of a tonne.

thinking back about my how long i've had it i reckon its more like 14 or 15 years

thank you

I prefer them to normal scrapers and find that I can get a better finish (especially on really dense wood or resin)

all my scrapers are negative rake and have been for many years, I cant see any reason to use a normal scraper.

That is probably the best box making video that I have seen. Very clear concise instruction with two or three very useful tips.

Well made George.

Back