For someone more computer literate than I.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwaithcoed

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to open my emails in yahoo and a message appears( Your request is prohibited because it would cause a cycle.)
Not being too computer literate and not having encountered this before, what does it mean and what do I do about it???

Alan.

Try accessing your mail from another Yahoo page or site. if that works copy the working url and use that in future.

Something to do with cookies I think.

Maybe just dump all the cookies not in your favourites list.

I don't think it's a problem with your setup though clearing the cache can help. I think it's a problemspecific to Yahoo. (Weren't they sold to Microsoft?)

It don't think it's a browser issue. It's yahoo server trying to limit user bandwidth - limiting # of refreshes - they should invest in faster technology.

I've got btyahoo and the yahoo side of it is a real pain at times and getting worse.

Bob

Thankyou for your input. I have now solved the problem. I always accessed my yahoo emails via my bookmark page but reading on google this is not the best option. I have now deleted it on the bookmark page and just click on to yahoo via the taskbar and am having no problems.
Thanks again for your replys

Alan.

Back