For someone more computer literate than I.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwaithcoed

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to open my emails in yahoo and a message appears( Your request is prohibited because it would cause a cycle.)
Not being too computer literate and not having encountered this before, what does it mean and what do I do about it???

Alan.

Try accessing your mail from another Yahoo page or site. if that works copy the working url and use that in future.

Something to do with cookies I think.

Maybe just dump all the cookies not in your favourites list.

I don't think it's a problem with your setup though clearing the cache can help. I think it's a problemspecific to Yahoo. (Weren't they sold to Microsoft?)

It don't think it's a browser issue. It's yahoo server trying to limit user bandwidth - limiting # of refreshes - they should invest in faster technology.

I've got btyahoo and the yahoo side of it is a real pain at times and getting worse.

Bob

Thankyou for your input. I have now solved the problem. I always accessed my yahoo emails via my bookmark page but reading on google this is not the best option. I have now deleted it on the bookmark page and just click on to yahoo via the taskbar and am having no problems.
Thanks again for your replys

Alan.

Latest posts

Back