For sale ....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aragorn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello
New to this forum, so just wanted to check... Is it OK to advertise our machinery for sale here?
I've seen a few postings for tools for sale, but thought I'd check forum etiquette before I did the same!
Thanks

The general rule of thumb is YES, but UKWorkshop cannot accept ANY responsibility for anything that goes wrong etc...

You do so entirely at your own risk.

And as long as you're not a professional dealer, I think I'm right in saying. Hmm, maybe as an acupuncturist that means you can't flog nail punches and bradawls... :wink:

BTW, welcome to the forum. Think I forgot to say in the other thread :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Can't get enough of those acupuncture jokes! I try not to confuse my hobby with my work - nasty mess otherwise :?

The machine is the Scheppach HMS260 planer thicknesser, a couple of years old and working perfectly. Condition is fine. All accessories and 2 spare pairs of knives. I haven't made any modifications, so it's as you see it in the shops.
I'm in East Sussex, buyer would need to collect. Offers in the region of £450.

And thanks for the welcome. This is an excellent forum :wink:

Hi, Im looking for one of these - have you got some photos of it you can send me so I can have a look at it - saves me the trip from yorkshire etc.

Is it the same model as the current one for sale ?

Cheers

David

Chronosoft":35rgotpc said:
Hi, Im looking for one of these - have you got some photos of it you can send me so I can have a look at it - saves me the trip from yorkshire etc.

It's already sold.

Cheers
Neil

Chronosoft":1c9ut393 said:

Is it the same model as the current one for sale ?

Cheers

David

Yorkshire - if you're in for buying one brand new, NMA Agencies, the distributors are in Brighouse nr. Huddersfield and i think they have a demonstration area.

http://www.nmauk.com/

Adam

I got 500 saved up in a tin and when it hits 800, im going shopping :D

But i don't want anything other than Scheppach so i may as well wait.

Cheers - why did you sell it btw ?

Dave

Chronosoft":xfy9rofd said:
Cheers - why did you sell it btw? Dave
Upgrade time. I got fed up with a few minor niggles:
The HMS260 beds are quite short, which make it more more susceptible to inaccuracy with long lengths of wood. It's fine up to about 5ft though.
The fence doesn't have positive stops at 90° or 45°, so it's fiddly getting it to a true 90° angle after bevelling
The thicknesser on the other hand is great and never gave me any trouble. But the other niggles have become too annoying and costing me time in truing up boards by hand.
I needed two separate machines, and a planer with the kind of capacity for the work I do. I got the Dewalt 733 yesterday and the Jet 60A is coming today.

Aragorn,
Interested to hear of you getting rid of your Sheppach-most posters on this site rave and/or lust after one. Personally, I have the Jet54a jointer and a DeWalt 733-they are a great team (although wider beds on the jointer would be nicer). You will be spoilt rotten with the Jet, they are wonderful machines. And cast iron wins over ally or sheet steel any day.
Let us know how you get on,
Regards,
Philly
p.s. get a hand putting the Jet together-it weighs far too much! :p

I had a look at the Jet stuff recently, and it's not quite a direct comparison as they cost nearly twice as much when you add them up! They are very nice though! I noticed the Jet jointer seems to have limited width though? Unless you pay the extra £££ for the wider version? And it's best part of £400 for the extra capacity? :shock:

Adam

asleitch":2p5v1386 said:
And it's best part of £400 for the extra capacity? :shock:

Yes I would like to get the 60A but I don't think the wider capacity is worth the extra £400

Neil,

I was very impressed when I looked over this machine recently, at Homewood, and I was comparing it to the Schppeach 260 and the Record Now thats hardly a fair comparison but it was what they had in the showroom as if you go for comparable capability through the jointer/thicknesser, we get Jet @ £1900, Scheppach at £800 and Record Power @ £500 - So I'm looking across the board here :shock: . Given the space and money, no doubt about it I'd go for the Jet. They looked and felt so solid. However, I still think the difference in price between the larger Jet jointer, relative to the smaller capcity is too much. Have I got my figures right? :?: You get just 30mm extra width for that £400? :shock:

>Extra large, 1700 x200mm
>(1820 x 230mm 60A) cast iron

Anyway, on a different note, Record seem to have taken to covering the jointer surface in paint on the RSPT260, to make it look like cast iron :eek: ? The bloke in the shop suggested rubbing it off with abrasive paper!!!! I only moved the fence a couple of times and it started to scratch - and it was rough - I can't even imagine how you'd push a piece of timber across it? Oil it perhaps :wink: - actually I wouldn't put it past Record to suggest that :x And the cut on the fence where the blade spins wasn't up to much - it was so badly cut - you could slice your finger on it. I mean painting the surface? Whatever are they thinking?

Bemused.

Adam

Adam,
What they are doing is laughing- at us and all the way to the bank! Most uk brands market a version of this machine as a quick glance will show. This is not a quality machine, it's a diy machine.
As to the Jet machine capacities-6 inch or 8 inch for the two machines. The width of cut is not the only thing to consider when buying a planer-the Jet's are cast iron, heavy solid and unmoving. Compare the fence on the Jet to any other machine mentioned on this forum. There is no comparision- the Jet is huge and easy to adjust. Also it stays where it is set. Compare that to a flexy ally extrusion on a crappy little clamp. There is more to it than capacity!
Philly

Hi Adam

There are quite a number of changes.

Model: 54 A 60 A
Cutting width: 150 mm 200 mm
Cutter head speed: 5500 rpm 5500 rpm
Cutter head diameter: 63 mm 78 mm
Number of knives: 3 3
Max. full width depth of cut: 8 mm 8 mm
Cuts per minute: 16,500 16,500
Table size: 1700x200 mm 1820x230 mm
Fence (HxL): 120x960 mm 120x960 mm
Tilting range of fence: +45°/90°/–45° +45°/90°/–45°
Motor M: 230 V power output 1 HP / S1 100% 1.5 HP / S1 100%

Weight: 130 kg 160 kg

Sorry it's a bit messy but you get the gist.

Adam, the comparison should be made using the DW733 as it is the thicknesser of choice. All you add is 330 for the DW. :wink:

Thanks
Neil

Back