For Sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Established Member
Reaction score
I've upgraded grinders to a Tormek to allow me to grind P/T blades. As a result I have my Draper whetstone grinder for sale. I'm looking for between £30 - £50. It's hardly been used. More pictures at bottom of post.....

click on image for larger view
Due to the weight, I won't send this by courier, it's delivery or pickup only. I'll consider delivery in the Sussex/south Surrey area. Personal Message me with an offer if you are interesed, otherwise, I'll put it in Friday ad.

Adam

Here's a bit from the Draper website...

Designed for the workshop to hone and grind hand and garden tools. With a whetstone honing wheel, dry white grinding wheel, eye protection shield, spark deflectors, wheel guards and adjustable tool rests. Uses white dry grinding wheel especially suitable for high speed steel tooling. Fitted with a BS approved non-rewireable 3 pin moulded plug and cable.

Whetstone wheel diameter ... 200mm
Whetstone wheel bore ... 80mm
Dry white stone wheel dia. ... 125mm
Dry white stone wheel bore ... 12.7mm
Speeds:
- Whetstone wheel ... 320rpm
- Dry white stone wheel ... 2850rpm
Motor ... 350W - 230V AC
Machine dimensions ... 460 x 320 x 300mm
Nett/gross weight ... 10/11kg

The draper on-line shop has it at £170 - although I'm sure I've seen it for sale recently in the £120 region, I paid £100 for it, about a year or two ago. The instruction manual can be found here (click on link)

http://www.drapertools.com/draper/external/31235ins.pdf

Hi Asleitch,

Smart move on the Tormek, I've used one for a few years now and have nothing but praise for it although I still have to use a normal grinder for reshaping turning tools.

I changed the wheel on my Tormek to a pink one from Peter Childs, these are better for me because sharpening turning tools will quickly dish the normal grey wheel that comes as standard and the pink wheels cut a little quicker.

When you eventually need to replace the standard wheel you'll find Child's pink wheels are about 60% of the price of the grey wheel as well.

Hope you enjoy the Tormek.

CC

Cutting Crew":30d55u5a said:
I changed the wheel on my Tormek to a pink one from Peter Childs, these are better for me because sharpening turning tools will quickly dish the normal grey wheel that comes as standard and the pink wheels cut a little quicker.

When you eventually need to replace the standard wheel you'll find Child's pink wheels are about 60% of the price of the grey wheel as well.

I didn't even know these existed - thanks CC. I got a blue Tormek a while ago with a very grooved wheel and haven't got round to sorting it yet. I might just buy one of these pink wheels instead.

Latest posts

Back