For Sale - Scheppach TS 2000

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
I blame Adam for this, he asked me why I did not have a larger tablesaw than my trusty TS 2000 and when I said I had a small shop, he pointed out his is even smaller - mind you I expect he has thousands of parts cut by now, waiting a larger workshop to assemble them!

In any event, I had been hankering after larger saw for a while and the need to cut some really thick timber finally helped to make up my mind, so I am now the proud possessor of a Scheppach TS4010. As a consequence, I now have a TS2000 for sale. I have had the saw for several years and it has had a busy life but it is performing flawlessly. Because I bought it before a few EC rules afflicted the machinery we use, it comes with a dado cutter (at least it comes with Scheppach's version which is a glorified 3 bladed wobble saw - works though), also an edging attachment (for trimming waney edged boards) and two extra long infeed/out feed tables that unfortunately won't fit my new saw because they are darned useful. The saw also has a sliding table and width extension.

It no longer has the collapsible base which I chucked when I built my "cabinet base" but I obviously think the latter is more useful anyway - at least in a workshop environment. It comes with a mobile base too. You can see it here https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... 1348#11348

It includes some £250 worth of saw blades including three truly excellent Trend blades. I have tried many blades now and can honestly say these are quite the best I have used by a wide margin.

Blades

Trend Super Fine Finish panel trimming (64 tooth) - hardly used
Fine Finish Trimming Crosscut (48 tooth) - little used
Combination Blade Medium Finish (34 tooth) - just resharpened

Freud Narrow kerf Ripping blade - hardly used
Narrow kerf General purpose blade - used once

Stehle General purpose blade - unused

Crowley General purpose blade
Perform General purpose blade
CMT General purpose blade
Sheppach - original fitment

The Trend blades are all excellent (and expensive, they range in cost from £45 to £76 each)
The Freuds are pretty good blades and the narrow kerf is useful at times, especially when ripping thick timber
The Stehle is a premium blade (£50) but I have never used it so can't speak from personal experience
The Crowley is awful - a waste of £20
The CMT, Perform and Sheppach original are all about the same - reasonable general purpose blades

Looking at what others have sold these saws for recently I am asking £700 for this lot. I am located in the Bromley area. Please PM me if interested.

Interesting you're not impressed with the Crowley - I have one for my TS2000 too - and also think it's useless - thought I was the only one. And I paid a lot more than £20 for mine!

Cheers

Gidon

(ps - great saw - what a bargain price!!)

Hey Chris,

Could you fill me in a bit on the "also an edging attachment (for trimming waney edged boards)" I'm interested in knowing a little more about this.....

Cheers

SimonA
Looking forward to seeing your next update on the rocking chair!!

SimonA,

The edging attachment is essentially a sliding table. It is around a metre or so long and fitted with a tee track that engages in the mitre gauge slot of the saw table. There are a couple of clamp thingies at either end of the attachment to hold the wood. The table is then slid past the blade with its cargo of waney edged wood and the edge is cut straight by virtue of the mitre slot being straight.

Simon, thanks for your interest in the chair, I hope not to be too long with the next installment on progress but it took a back seat the last week as I had to rearrange my workshop to make room for the new saw and that was quite a task!

Thanks for that Chris......I've never seen one of those.....I don't suppose you have a pic of it? Is it a Scheppach product? I could probably do with one of these, if my next purchase goes ahead. If you don't mine me asking what was the original price?

No probs about the chair.......nice to seen people actually working on things instead of just talking about them :p Esp good coverage on the web site too!!

SimonA

I saw them half price at the AP show too - unfortunately I had already paid full whack! Using the blade at the weekend to cut 2" thick oak, my saw stalled! I guess it is a combi blade but still.

I don't suppose you'd sell the Trend combi seperately?

Cheers

Gidon

Latest posts

Back