FOR SALE : Record RP3000X scroll chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Jones

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I've have for sale a record RP3000X scroll chuck 3/4"x16"tpi that's only been used approx 3/4 times, the reason behind this is that my lathe that I used this on decided to bite the dust. When I bought my new lathe this chuck wouldn't fit the spindle size so it's been sitting in the box not being used.
As can be seen in the photo's it's in very good condition ( the pin is still taped on the pin chuck, not been used ).
Specs can be seen on the photo of the back of the box, please be aware that it's quite heavy so it might be better for someone local to me to pick up. I'm not sure what postage costs will be but I'm willing to find out.

4022386514_02c07d5e96.jpg
4022385788_96386d6933.jpg

4021625187_ceebf144b7.jpg
4021624521_e48cecfa0a.jpg

the only thing that's not in the box is RP3000P the service pack, it wasn't included in the initial sale

If anyone is interested I'm open to sensible offers via PM only please.

Steve :D

Steve,
Why not get an adaptor to fit the chuck to your new lathe?
Axminster sells these, if not, there are one or two engineers on the forum that are willing to make one.

John. B

Hi John,

I tried that when I first bought then new lathe 1"x8"tpi spindle thread, I contacted axminster first who were out of stock and there delivery was a long way off, so contacted Rutlands, they sent me a dakota adapter when it arrived it didn't fit into the chuck despite supplying them with the right measurements, so I returned it for another one which when delivered still didn't fit so I took a refund and ended up with a patriot instead.

This all happened early this year and the record has been sitting idle since then.

Regards

Steve :D

Hi John just read your reply to Steve you mentioned there are a couple of engineers on the forum who make adaptors, could you possibly put me intouch with them.
Cheers Steve (Lister321)

Back