For Sale Record CL2 variable speed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acewoodturner

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a little used lathe for sale. I have had it for a few years now but it has always been kept in a centrally heated workshop so there is no rust on it at all. I converted it to variable speed long before Record thought about it and I think it is a very good conversion. It now has a more powerful motor than the original CL2 and the rpm go from 0 to 4800 approx with full torque. Not only that it also has a remote control and a reverse switch! It comes with a bowl turning arm and the curved bracket.
As you can tell from the photos it has been brought out of the storage area of my workshop so I havent bolted it down again, but it can be seen to be working.
I am looking for £400 for it which is only £50 more than the conversion cost. The bench isnt included in the sale as I still need it and I dont think we could get it out the door anyway. I am in Glenrothes in Fife and would be happy to deliver it within a reasonable radius. Its possibly too heavy to post but could be put on a pallett for pick up by courier at buyer's expense naturally.

Mike

recordcl22.jpg

recordcl23.jpg

recordcl21.jpg
[/img]

ah just found the other listing with the price. pity but beyond my budget, good luck with the sale though.

Sorry Mike, not a buyer, but just to say that I have a CL1 that I have put a 3ø variable speed motor kit on and it really does make such a difference.

Like a new machine and at £400 yours is a bargain..

Just as a matter of interest, does anyone know what the difference is between the CL1 & 2?

Jonzjob":2wq8gk59 said:
Just as a matter of interest, does anyone know what the difference is between the CL1 & 2?

I think it's mainly the headstock, and therefore probably the bearing as well.

I am however only basing this on occassional use of a fellow forum CL1 and specs/pics of a CL2. The latter seems to share the casing with the CL3/CL4 but only has a 3 speed pulley arrangement and lower spec motor. I didn't think the CL1 had a swivel headstock either, but then again the model may well have changed over the years.

Still don't understand where the CL5 fitted either!

I have a little used lathe for sale. I have had it for a few years now but it has always been kept in a centrally heated workshop so there is no rust on it at all. I converted it to variable speed long before Record thought about it and I think it is a very good conversion. It now has a more powerful motor than the original CL2 and the rpm go from 0 to 4800 approx with full torque. Not only that it also has a remote control and a reverse switch! It comes with a bowl turning arm and the curved bracket.
As you can tell from the photos it has been brought out of the storage area of my workshop so I havent bolted it down again, but it can be seen to be working.
I am looking for £400 for it which is only £50 more than the conversion cost. The bench isnt included in the sale as I still need it and I dont think we could get it out the door anyway. I am in Glenrothes in Fife and would be happy to deliver it within a reasonable radius. Its possibly too heavy to post but could be put on a pallett for pick up by courier at buyer's expense naturally.

Mike

Hi there is this still available ?

Back