FOR SALE: Perform CCDE5002 Chip Collector/Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPJ

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought this machine as brand new from Axminster towards the end of 2006 since, where it has mainly been used to collect shavings from my planer-thicknesser. Since I upgraded my P/T however, I've found that I am now in need of an upgrade to a larger model (1150m3/h minimum) and so, this little one is surplus to requirements.

It is strictly a chip collector. I find it isn't efficient enough with my current thicknesser but it still works brilliantly on the planer/jointer. It may also be useful to you for clearing up next to a lathe and it may work okay with a small router table.

It is not designed to collect fine dust. Although, before I bought myself a HPLV vacuum, it did a reasonable job at keeping my bandsaw pretty clear of sawdust (not fine MDF dust). It is quiet enough, when running, to have a conversation with someone although, the brake is a little noisy when you switch it off (and always has been).

You can use the brackets supplied (as I have done) to hang the unit from the wall, or, there are four castors for wheeling around. I'm also offering a 2m length of 100mm clear hose, with a connector at each end - which doesn't come with the machine when bought new.

Ideally, I'm looking for £50 and collection only. If you are interested or would like to make me an offer, please, get it touch.

2189537721_44222d2230.jpg

2190325634_3cb70dc0fe.jpg

2190325964_1739287954.jpg

Air Flow - 500m3/hour
Bag Capacity - 37l
Hose Diameter - 100mm
Weight - 22kg
Overall LxWxH - 380 x 1100 x 410mm
Power - 750w
Rating - Hobby

(I also have a 1m length of 125mm/5" diameter hose for sale, with 125-100mm reducer cuff, if anyone's interested? I found the bag to be irritating to empty and so used this hose instead and connected it to an old dust bin and it seemed to work very well.)

Thank you.

PS. When it comes to the replacement model, I'm torn between the Axminster ADE1200 or, the Record Power CX2600.

If anyone has any opinion on either of these machines, I'd be grateful to hear from you. It is ONLY to be used with my planer-thicknesser and space is, as always, a premium. I have looked at the similar Perform model but, that's a little too big for my 'shop.

Thank you guys, as always.

I need to upgrade too, There isn't a lot between them but have twice the suction that I get with the RSDE1. I will be interested to hear any reports on these models too.

The Record appears to be a little cheaper in terms of cost, but it does come with a five-year warranty. I'm assuming the Axminster, like the rest of their kit, is only guaranteed for the first year. But, I have heard better things about their after sales service than Record Power's, which seems to have had a pretty divided opinion across the forums. Hmmm...

I have had cause to use Records after sales service and can't say I found any problems with them. I did once have a problem with the attitude of Axminster staff when I wanted to return something.

Olly
I've had the Axminster ADE1200 just over a year and I'm very happy with it. It works very well, is relatively quiet, and with its four wheels/castors I find it easy to move around. I bought it when it was on offer so it was even better value. At the time I couldn't find a better machine at that price - now the new Recordpower model seems to have a similar spec.

HTH

Les

Routermonster":37dpf7hk said:
Olly
I've had the Axminster ADE1200 just over a year and I'm very happy with it. It works very well, is relatively quiet, and with its four wheels/castors I find it easy to move around. I bought it when it was on offer so it was even better value. At the time I couldn't find a better machine at that price - now the new Recordpower model seems to have a similar spec.

HTH

Les
Les, can you compare it to any other or is it the only one you have had/tried

Glad to hear you're pleased with the ADE1200, Les. I've searched the forum and have also read good things about this model. But I can't find any response the the Record Power model?

I own an RSDE2-A and I've been really pleased with that, so I'd expect the same with the CX2600.

SIP also have a very similar model. For a little bit more than the Axminster, you get double the length of your warranty, two inlets and a greater airflow (1490m3).
But, it uses 125mm hose - is that really neccesary when all our machinery has 100mm?

So, that's the Axminster, Record Power and the SIP so far. Don't forget this one from Charnwood

:roll: :wink:

Back