For sale or not for sale ? Poll

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For sale or not for sale ?

• Continue offering items on the forum ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stop posting used items for sale

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
OK ,

here we go again , This for sale or not for sale thread is to TRY and clear up the shall I or shan't I offer items on the forum ?

This raised its head some years back

As our older forum members will already know , I have in the past purchased complete woodturning workshops .
I don't want or need to keep all the items that come with the items I do want .

I thought I would list the unwanted by me items for the benefit of other forum users .

MANY forum members HAVE benefited from items I have offered on here over the years, before going to Ebay

If the minority want me to stop posting item for sale just let me know
If the majority want me to continue offering items here , Just let me know

I will state AGAIN , I AM NOT A DEALER < I AM NOT A DEALER !!!

I am a HGV driver and am employed and pay PAYE tax

If I WAS A Dealer , my lifestyle would be very low .

WOW just imagine the life style I could live on the proceeds of selling 1 used band saw

So over to the Poll

yes or no ?

Keep it up mate, haven't bought anything from you yet but would have no problem doing so if something I wanted turned up.

Cheers, Paul :D

Hi Blister,
I too have not taken advantage yet, but can see no reason for you to stop.
Keep 'em coming

Malc :D

It would be extremely helpful if you relocated to Devon. :)

Mind you 60 years ago our garden backed on to the Alley Palley.

Hi, Blister

You seen to be offering a service to the forun menbers by selling things at affordable prices, why should you stop?

Pete

I'm not voting because this is silly. Allen, don't post before breakfast :roll:

There's nothing wrong with you posting your stuff for sale here. It's allowed in the rules. Perhaps we do need an adjustment to the rules to stop the bickering inside for sale threads. But as far as I'm concerned we all benefit greatly from your passion for trading in workshop paraphernalia. If people don't want to buy from you then they should refrain from even opening the thread.

Or maybe I should voted against to get first dibs... ? :lol:

I suggest we remove this thread and continue as per usual.

He didn't post before breakfast, he waited until 6.30 or elevens's for a lorry driver :)

wizer":1v8wga6v said:
I'm not voting because this is silly. Allen, don't post before breakfast :roll:

There's nothing wrong with you posting your stuff for sale here. It's allowed in the rules. Perhaps we do need an adjustment to the rules to stop the bickering inside for sale threads. But as far as I'm concerned we all benefit greatly from your passion for trading in workshop paraphernalia. If people don't want to buy from you then they should refrain from even opening the thread.

Or maybe I should voted against to get first dibs... ? :lol:

I suggest we remove this thread and continue as per usual.

I'm with tom on this - there is no difference between you selling items and anyone else doing it

as far as i can see you've done nothing wrong so like tom said lets lose this thread and continue APN.

( but if you go with against - can i have second dibs after tom ;) )

as with all for sale threads:

If I want what you are offering, I`ll speak up
If I don't then I won't

If I think I can get it cheaper else where, I`ll keep myself to myself

I`ve no problem with you posting for sale items even IF you were a dealer, assuming you were cheaper than else where.........

I see no point in this thread, the rules seem to be quite clear.

Margaret (steve)

I'm not even sure I know why you asked the question but assume you've been on the receiving end of someone/s who are preoccupied with other people's business for no obvious reason. Keep it up - one day I might want what you're selling.

matt":1p01hip1 said:
I'm not even sure I know why you asked the question but assume you've been on the receiving end of someone/s who are preoccupied with other people's business for no obvious reason. Keep it up - one day I might want what you're selling.

here here!
I wish more people (life in general) would concentrate on what THEY are doing rather than being bloody pre-occupied with what everyone else is up to.

..... I must remember to point this out when I next get tugged for speeding :roll:

Henrietta

devonwoody":1gxotdp2 said:
Henrietta, you will have Mike G in a real tizz if you carry on like this. :)

*quietly* is he the fuzz?

Beth

Allen - keep posting "for sale" stuff, other people do so why not you?
Everybodies "for sale" items on here are likely to be useful to someone.
As some one who has bought form Allen before I can vouch for the fact he's not a delear :)

Pete

I don't know how many have voted, but I can see 5% were against. Isn't it funny how none of the have put a name to their view posted anything?

Don't tell me UK Workshop now has forum hard men. :lol:

Edit. Now I've logged on I see we have a single hard man. Is he man enough to speak out? :roll:

Sorry to be boring but...

I have no problem with you or anyone else selling on the forum, it's within the rules so you're quite entitled to do so. With that though, in my opinion, you have to accept that other members are equally entitled to comment, be it good or bad, as that, at least at the moment, is also within the rules. The idea that all for sale threads are locked and all dealing done via private pm's is not acceptable as far as I'm concerned.

I think you should do what you want to do (within the rules), but not complain when others do what they want to do (within the rules), and not seek special favours or privileges by asking that for sale threads are locked to prevent other people from commenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back