For sale Bandsaw 8inch depth cut

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody Alan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

EDITED and ADDED:- Well I haven't sold it, could be it's difficult to describe in an advert, or I overpriced it. Anyway she's got to go (the bandsaw that is), so is now at £200 . If anyone is interested***end of edit

I have upgraded my bandsaw, and so my Axminster 8 inch cut machine is now available. I have put it in my local free ads @ £295 whether this is too high or low I'm not sure. If anyone here is interested though, and they think it's too much and there's a valid reason why. I will be only too happy to consider it. My wife is doing her best to give some scale but she is 64 inches tall. It's located in Norwich norfolk. It's not done any heavy work and is accurate (as a bandsaw can be that is) several blades come with it some new.
PM if interested or reply to group for general questions.
I believe I am within the general informal rules by putting a private ad but if not, sorry Mods do your worst :)

Cheers Alan

copyofdsc003365wv.jpg

Looks good, especially like the attachment of a streetlamp to provide illumination to the user, and the brick chimney for letting the smoke out when the blade binds. :lol:

Seems a reasonable price to me, if it's in good (proven!) working order - there seems to be quite a lot of hassle in getting a new saw tweaked up & working well, so having one where that is already done I would see as a bonus over a new saw!

I'm looking for a bandsaw but would like 12" resaw depth, so whilst it's tempting, I think I'll hold out for a larger one, otherwise it may never happen!

What did you upgrade to & what was the key feature for you?

Miles

Hi Miles

I upgraded to this Bandsaw or at least another manufacturers version of it. The reason was because it's 12" depth of cut and it came at the right price at the right time. It's not so much the key feature as the all round package, so each feature is a part of it, I'm not sure that makes sense. What I 'm saying is that it'll do a 12" cut but if the motor wasn't powerful enough and the table not solid enough and the guides not good enough....I wouldn't have bought it.

Cheers Alan

Woody,
You are perfectly within the rules as far as For Sale notices go. Mind you, taking a leaf from the motor shows, I reckon your wife should be in a bikini, draped across the saw with a fake tan - bound to sell the saw then!

BTW a review of your new saw would be interesting as I am contemplating that exact saw. I have looked at it and Keith has reviewed it in the past but additional viewpoints are always welcome.

waterhead37":5ypp9yqp said:
You are perfectly within the rules as far as For Sale notices go. Mind you, taking a leaf from the motor shows, I reckon your wife should be in a bikini, draped across the saw with a fake tan - bound to sell the saw then!
:-s Don't make me roll my eyes heavenwards and say "Men", Chris [-X :lol: Sheesh, Bruce Luckhurst's advice was bad enough... :roll:

Chris

I'll be more than happy to share some opinions of the saw, when I get a chance to use it fully. I am still awaiting a delivery of blades and rearranging my workshop so it may be a while before I can do it justice. The blades are from an untested independent supplier/maker so I will pass comment on them also. This is an area where you have to speak as you find and I used Hamilton edge tools in the past and they were fine and will go back/or try dureedge if these new ones aren't up to it. I have tried axminster blades and they braize their own, unfortunately I had an issue with then not being joined exactly square and so they moved fore and aft as the blade did a circuit. Funnily enough it's the only time I haven't had good service from Axminster who have always been happy to help and sort out a problem. I was told it wasn't possible for them to be joined wrongly. So I voted with my feet.

As for the wife, we were mucking about after moving the saw and she didn't think I would use that picture :) I got a clip round the ear :( So if I was to suggest she went out half dressed in November and stuck herself to a lump of cast iron in 8 degrees C I can't see it being well received :lol:

Latest posts

Back