For anyone in the Blackpool area...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought so too, but was corrected in no uncertain terms when I passed comment once before.

Scouse":3dbtm0yl said:
I thought the protocol on here was not to flag up active ebay listings.
It used to be, anyway. I guess things have changed.

...looks like James C has been trawling eBay, he brought up one of mine a short while ago :shock:

Morning all

From the global rules ...

( 8.1 ) Any advertisements or promotional materials of a commercial nature are prohibited.
These forums are not the place for you to advertise your own product or company. You also cannot post any affiliate or referral links.

Cheers

Dave

Morning James

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

I think people who make a habit of doing it get their posts edited.

Cheers

Dave

I always took it to mean that you didn't put up posts of your own stuff or that family\friends\etc. but it was perfectly fine to post up one belonging to someone unknown, where you felt the item\s would be of interest to folk here.

Even the 8.1. of the rules doesn't say otherwise. If it does - can a mod confirm please?

Looking at the item\s again - I do like the tenon saw where the lower part of the handle isn't there - if that makes sense. But considering how many vintage handsaws I have, better leave these alone. :roll:

Besides even tho Lancs is the next county on - almost quicker to get to Brum than Blackpool.

Dibs

Back when I was moderating I believe we used to implement a policy of no Ebay auction links until complete, just to avoid the potential for ill-feeling. It's the safest way, and a rule a lot of fora and mailing lists observe. Might be worth asking for some clarification on the matter with the current mod team.

Dibs, when the lower part of the handle isn't there generally it's just called "open handled" or sometimes "pistol grip". Some rather nice handles amongst that lot akshully, but luckily, like you, I am both geographically and spatially challenged and thus safe from temptation. :D

Alf

Cheers for the terminology. Yes some nice handles amongst that lot - just looked up on Google maps - 70 mile one way, which would mean a 3 hour trip there and back - whilst mightily tempted, better keep my hands in my pockets and not bid.

Already spent a not so small sum on handtools in the last 2 weeks. :oops:

Dibs

Back