• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

For anyone in the Blackpool area...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Scouse

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought the protocol on here was not to flag up active ebay listings.

It used to be, anyway. I guess things have changed.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought so too, but was corrected in no uncertain terms when I passed comment once before.

RogerP

Established Member
Reaction score
Scouse":3dbtm0yl said:
I thought the protocol on here was not to flag up active ebay listings.
It used to be, anyway. I guess things have changed.
...looks like James C has been trawling eBay, he brought up one of mine a short while ago :shock:

Deejay

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all

From the global rules ...

( 8.1 ) Any advertisements or promotional materials of a commercial nature are prohibited.
These forums are not the place for you to advertise your own product or company. You also cannot post any affiliate or referral links.

Cheers

Dave

MickCheese

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to say that I would not be too pleased if I were watching an eBay listing and then it was posted here generating more interest than necessary. :evil:

Mick

Deejay

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning James

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

I think people who make a habit of doing it get their posts edited.

Cheers

Dave

MickCheese

Established Member
Reaction score
James C":2j0kkk7s said:
I'm sorry guys I can remove it if that's the best thing.
Sorry James, was in a bad mood.

It is an interesting post and you are right, is it just another sign of the economic downturn?

Mick

Dibs-h

Established Member
Reaction score
I always took it to mean that you didn't put up posts of your own stuff or that family\friends\etc. but it was perfectly fine to post up one belonging to someone unknown, where you felt the item\s would be of interest to folk here.

Even the 8.1. of the rules doesn't say otherwise. If it does - can a mod confirm please?

Looking at the item\s again - I do like the tenon saw where the lower part of the handle isn't there - if that makes sense. But considering how many vintage handsaws I have, better leave these alone. :roll:

Besides even tho Lancs is the next county on - almost quicker to get to Brum than Blackpool.

Dibs

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Back when I was moderating I believe we used to implement a policy of no Ebay auction links until complete, just to avoid the potential for ill-feeling. It's the safest way, and a rule a lot of fora and mailing lists observe. Might be worth asking for some clarification on the matter with the current mod team.

Dibs, when the lower part of the handle isn't there generally it's just called "open handled" or sometimes "pistol grip". Some rather nice handles amongst that lot akshully, but luckily, like you, I am both geographically and spatially challenged and thus safe from temptation. :D

Dibs-h

Established Member
Reaction score
Alf

Cheers for the terminology. Yes some nice handles amongst that lot - just looked up on Google maps - 70 mile one way, which would mean a 3 hour trip there and back - whilst mightily tempted, better keep my hands in my pockets and not bid.

Already spent a not so small sum on handtools in the last 2 weeks. :oops:

Dibs