For all you lovers of Arts & Crafts furniture

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edmund

Established Member
Reaction score
Had the day off today and went to a place called The Millinery Works in north Islington today - I came across the place while doing some research on A&C chairs. I have to say I was rather bowled over. It exhibits lots of A&C furniture, all of which is for sale. They have pieces from all the designers from Pugin through to Gimson and it was fantastic to see and poke around all the original pieces and the guys who work there are pretty knowledgeable - plus they made me a cup of tea! It's given me lots of design ideas and it's also good to see the original construction to try and work out the techniques the various makers used.

If anyone's in that neck of the woods it's definitely worth a visit. I ended up coming away with 4 catalogues from previous exhibitions and a rather nice oak framed pre-raphelite print. If I had more money and space I'd have needed a pantechnicon to bring home everything I liked :D
Have a look at their website as well which has pics of a nice selection of pieces.
http://www.millineryworks.co.uk

Thanks for the information. I must try to get to the establishment in the new year.

Bob

Latest posts

Back