for alf

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewart

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi alf
i don't seem to be able to send private messages

stewart

stewart":27ck0l9r said:
i don't seem to be able to send private messages

1. You must put a title line in for the PM.
2. They stay in your out box until the person your sending it to logs in.

Hope that solves your problem.

thanks dave that does indeed solve my problem ..........now to my other problem... how do i add a picture under my name or do newbie forum members have to wait until they've posted a certain number of posts.

stewart

stewart":11cnwtgb said:
how do i add a picture under my name

You mean an avatar.
You do that from the profile settings, click the profile link at the top left corner of the screen and scroll to the bottom. There are a number of pictures on the site you can choose from, if you want your own picture you need to put it on a web server on the net and then link to it there.

success - thanks, dave
i can't believe i wasted a large part of the day trying to do this when all i needed to do was ask..........don't take any car journeys with me unless i know where i'm going

stewart

stewart,

That looks a nice piece of wood, yours? :D
Have made something from it? 8)

I will remember not to travel with you. :wink:

Dave
have to confess i've not made anything from this piece of wood as it's not mine - it just seemed appropriate as i have a huge stack of oak from a wood reclaim charity in brighton - it's mostly 2"x1.5"x8'. i'm building bookcases and drawers from it very slowly as i've got enough clamps to make one decent piece a day, and many things come up to mean i don't manage to make a decent piece every day. when i get a digital camera i'll put up a more personal picture.

stewart

stewart,

Sounds like a good source of oak you there, useable size. :D
As you have found you can never have too many clamps, I have quite a lot now but when the glueing gets going the clamps still run out. :shock:

I look forward to seeing your pictures, I love seeing what other woodworkers are making. 8)

Latest posts

Back