Footwear

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Established Member
Reaction score
I spend a lot of my time on my feet given that I'm in the workshop most days. I don't like wearing safety foot gear simply because I find that they tend to be much heavier than the equivalent and this really tells towards the end of the day.

I bought a pair of these the other day which I recommend highly (in fact I've just ordered another pair for non workshop use). They are unbelievably comfortable and have built in orthotic soles to hold your feet in the right position (Merrel started as an orthopaedic shoe company).

Anyway here's the link:

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/291204

Cheers

Tim

Mod edit to remove Charley's "at" smilies :roll: @

All I'd say is - you do not want to see what an 8 by 4 sheet of 1/2" MDF did to my left big toe - straight through a pair of leather uppers... :cry:

That said, they do look comfy..

I wear similar shows to that day in, day out now. Although being in a desk job means I'm not really on my feet. The main benefit is we go for 30mins to 1+ hours walk in the countryside surrounding the office every lunchtime so are ideal for a bit of hiking!!

Adam

Shady":16v4g9m5 said:
All I'd say is - you do not want to see what an 8 by 4 sheet of 1/2" MDF did to my left big toe - straight through a pair of leather uppers

Sure but I don't wear chain mail gloves either. I am as careful as I can be when working and I think its more important to be alert and not drop stuff than tired and protected!

How many of the hobbyists wear safety shoes in the workshop? Probably very few and they are likely to be in the workshop only after a day's work.

Cheers

Tim

Fair one - I just happen to have personal experience of trying to dance around the shop, holding the half hundredweight of pointy edged pain that has just generated blue air and red foot... You're right though - careful thought is the best bet..

Back