Footie World Cup

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
As a disinterested bystander I can't help feel that all our professional footballers are overpaid and egocentric. I'd go for a 90% paycut across the board, bonus based on team result..ie actually score some goals and perhaps win a match. Then take all that bloated pay that has just been saved and spread it out across the country to provide sports facilities for kids.

Oh,and get rid of their agents and put a cap on transfer fees of players between clubs at £200k.

Roger, I suspect you have been reading the newspapers again. Dont believe all you read is my comment.

Also the huge sums are a form of tax evasion or money laundering in my opinion.

They could also learn a lot from the ladies football I saw on at the Olympics. Strangely the players never fell down screaming whenever an opponent got within three feet, they actually ran with the ball, had a go, didn't F and Blind at the ref, and did not require the magic sponge once!

nev":204ixu8j said:
..... Strangely the players never fell down screaming whenever an opponent got within three feet,....!

What, you mean like this ? :D

crybaby.bmp

They could also learn from pro cyclists! When they fall down it tends to be on a HARD road and as long as they haven't actually broken owt they get back on and finish the leg of the race, probably better part of 200Km

AND then do it all again the next day for a couple or 3 weeks!

Football is a buisness now nothing to do with sport at the top levels!!

Just as a matter of interest, we get calender sellers here just before Christmas. It's a way of boosting the funds for clubs, posties Christmas box etc. I have just bought the villages football calender and e always give OTT to support the club. It has got to the top division in the department and good for them. They PLAY football!

Like it Roger :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jonzjob":va2yi82s said:

Couldn't agree more. And its business is parting fools from their money and fools they are.

Especially when you hear them at work or wherever going on about the weekends match with comments like "We were......We did...." Last time it happened at work - I pointed out to the chap there was no "We". There were the players\clubs\owners who were minted and then there was the "fans" who were being bled short of death, to fund the lifestyles of the players\clubs\owners.

To say the conversation died instantly is an understatement.

Dibs

Dibs-h":1y8ci0b2 said:
Jonzjob":1y8ci0b2 said:

Couldn't agree more. And its business is parting fools from their money and fools they are.

Dibs

Dead right. The cost of a Man Utd season ticket is ...

Sir Alex Ferguson Stand Tier 1 / South Upper Centre £950 and then they go on to say ......Season Ticket holders are automatically allocated and required to buy tickets for home games in European, FA and League Cup competitions.

Vee haf vays of taking your money :twisted:

I think I'll watch solo synchronsed swimming instead!

"Season Ticket holders are automatically allocated and required to buy tickets for home games in European, FA and League Cup competitions."

I think I'd tell the robbing Cur Alex to stuff his tickets where they would have to be surgically removed! Almost £1000 to watch a bunch of €#¢∞§¶•ª prance around and do more diving than a Navy diver? =D> =D> =D> And then get a 'demand' to spend more. I would have thought that a 'season' ticket would have covered those games, you know? The season being from when they start at the beginning to when they finish at the end and all home games included, or does football (?) have a different system where the 'season' is split between different dimentions?

Back