food processor and coffee maker recommendations

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cambournepete

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any recommendations for good coffee makers? I'm particularly interested in the Nespresso machines.

Also, anyone got any recommendations for good food processors? I'm pondering getting one of the new Magimix machines or something similar.

Thanks,

Pete

magimix 100% It is a supurb machine and very robust. About as good as they come and will last for years and years. I have the big one and the mini one.

The DeWalt Foodsquash 120000-but do go for the carbide blade instead of the HSS. And get the dust-extraction kit, too.
Opps :oops: Sorry, got carried away there Pete :lol:
SillyPhilly :wink:

Waka":2g36urum said:
Pete

Are these tools for the wifes Christmas presents?

No, they're for me, using a little inheritance, and I don't want to buy rubbish.
Su doesn't drink coffee either, and the tea from the Tassimo was not good apparently... The coffee was OK, but the machine feels cheap and nasty, espcially for £100.

Matt":2g36urum said:
Food processor - Magimix (if you're anywhere near Bluewater in Kent, go see the demo lady at John Lewis).
Any particular reason? :wink:

I'm off to the BBC Good Food show on thursday with Su and might spend a little. :)

Pete

Pete,
what do you want to do with the food processor? My limited experiance is that they have their limitations when it comes to cake and bread making. I have had one processor which is seldom used in preference to a Kenwood Chef which is second hand and probably 20+ years old - avoid the plastic bowls though as they very quickly scratch the glass or steeel ones are much better.

Andy

dedee":kwmp1zq9 said:
Pete,
what do you want to do with the food processor? My limited experiance is that they have their limitations when it comes to cake and bread making. I have had one processor which is seldom used in preference to a Kenwood Chef which is second hand and probably 20+ years old <snip>

Weird - ditto! My wife does use the food processor for shortcrust pastry though. And it's handy for some other stuff (trouble is compared to tge Kenword chef there's so much stuff to wash up!)

Pete - Gran Gaggia has does the job for me for the last couple of years. Moulinex food processor - fine. [And Kenwood Chef - museum piece.]

Cheers

Gidon

Yes, I'd forgot to mention the washing up! I see that all new Kenwoods come with a hand guard safety feature - now just how many people leave it on I wonder?

Andy

i regularly use mine for bread and pizza dough making, favouring only 'by hand' method for more complicated recipes

dedee":38afkzsr said:
I see that all new Kenwoods come with a hand guard safety feature
Is that the clear plastic thing over the bowl? I thought that was to stop the flour/icing sugar/ other dusty ingredients flying up?

I should add to my early post that my mum probably uses her Kenwood 6 times as much as the Magimix, but then WI membership demands more in the way of cakes than the soups and such that the Magi gets used for... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":3vg7per7 said:
dedee":3vg7per7 said:
I see that all new Kenwoods come with a hand guard safety feature
Is that the clear plastic thing over the bowl? I thought that was to stop the flour/icing sugar/ other dusty ingredients flying up?

Not by the looks of this

Ach, not seen that before. What kind of darn fool would shove their hand in a mixer anyway? Don't tell me, the kind that takes off the guard. :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Went to BBC Good Food show last week (it was very busy with lots of kids - if I go again it will be preview day).
Went to Magimix stand.
"Why's every one queing round the stand?" I wonders.
Then I notice a guy signing books in the corner who's not actually as big as I thought he'd be - Gordon 'F-word' Ramsey!
I'll pop back later I thinks and find the queue later even longer than the first one, so whlist Iwould have quite liked his autograph I couldn't be bothered to queue up.
I bought a satin steel Magimix 5200 when the queue had died down - it seems pretty good so far :).

As for Coffee machines I was impressed with the Nespresso ones - the coffe is good - but was told in no uncertain terms that as the coffee is from Nestle I'm not allowed one :(.

Sadly I didn't get a chance to try any other machines.

Enjoyed the show.

Pete
PS - Anthony Worrall-Thompson is very short!

cambournepete":359gh8w0 said:
... was told in no uncertain terms that as the coffee is from Nestle I'm not allowed one ...

I'm proud of you for supporting that stance. I won't buy Nestle products either.

Gill

I'm missing something here. What have Nestle done?

I am not sure I can get through Xmas without blue Smarties.

Andy

dedee":kq2rqo5y said:
I'm missing something here. What have Nestle done?
Andy

Try typing "Nestle" and "ethical" into google.

Lots of reading.

Adam

Back