Following On about the PPP router table from B&Q

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Following on from my other thread about the ferm 2kw saw table the Router table ( another cheapish buy) needs some way to be able to fine adjust my plunge router thats fitted.

Other stuff recently has taken priority but I originally thought a small bottle jack placed under the router and resting on the shelf below could be an answer. The problem is that despite a few searches in googleI couldn't find one small enough to fit.

If anyone knows a source of a simlar jacking device which has a closed size of at least 144mm please post or perhaps some other idea to achieve the same :)

Try a scrap yard, a scissor jack flattens down to less than 144mm

Jaymar, I had considered this but couldn't find a new one on the web

A Scrap yard does sound like the answer, cheers :)

bilzee have you asked friends or neighbours they might have one you never know saves that trip to the scrap yard :D

I use a scissor jack under the ppp router table and router...........got it from a car accesory shop for a tenner i think (the jack not the router and table) :lol: :lol:

Works fine.

Aidan.

How about one of these?

http://www.bdh.com/show_Module.asp?Product_ID=261026400

but the price? £156.87 + VAT... and to think, i threw 2 of these away last year when emptying out our old laboratory... guess who could also really do with one right now...

on a slightly better note the company also sells metal ones... they start at £60 +VAT fot a 4 inch square platform

I use a scissor jack under the ppp router table and router...Works fine.

I thought it might Aidan, thanks for the confirmation :)

Blurk99, the cure seems more painful than the disease :lol: :wink:

It's stupid really, i put them to one side when the 3 skips turned up for the glassware and the shelving that had to be dispoosed of becuase i knew they'd be useful one day!!! But after 3 weeks of no potential uses i chucked them, Doh!!!

But after 3 weeks of no potential uses i chucked them, Doh!!!

I have a theory that nothing that comes into one's possesion is ever wasted, its just a question of if you have the room to store it all. :lol:

One thing is for certain though, the minute you throw it away the oppurtunity for its use always presents itself.

Sods law I believe :roll:

They would have been ideal m8. :cry:

bilzee, i think you must be my wife :lol: :lol:

She seems to save everything..............if i need a copy of the local paper for an advert from a shop closed down 8 years ago lay my hands on it no probs.

Aidan.

Crikey Aiden, I hope your missus doesn't read this forum... :shock: Would you like floral tributes, or a donation to charity in memoriam? :lol:

Cheers, Alf

All donations to my favorite charity plz.

But seriously any woman who puts up with a garage full of machinery, no room for her car, sawdust & shavings trampled thro the house deserves better.

If ya read this love, didn't mean it

Aidan.

Phew

Back