Folding TS Outfeed Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Despite the odd injury managed to finish my outfeed table on the TS. Something I've meaning to do for the last couple of years. Cutting sheet materials and ripping long lenghts is so much easier and safer than fathing about with roller stands or wives.....
Maybe about 40% more surface and will provide additional assembly area.
With the extension down:
IMG_0001rcd.jpg

and with it up:
IMG_0002rcd.jpg

When down no space is lost and takes maybe 10secs to put up:
IMG_0025rcd.jpg

Well worth the effort. £11 for a sheet of contiboard, £3 for the piano hinge and the rest out of the offcut bin.

Noel

Yeah Noel very nice

I know that edge must have taken some blood sweat and tears :wink:

And of course the usual cursing :lol:

McLuma

Noel

Can i ask what you did with the legs, are they folding or loose, My Triton workcentre is in the middle of my shop and i have a lot of wasted space around it due to the design of the sliding extension facility so was thinking of building around it with fold down sides for assembly

Many Thanks

Tony

Lovely job noel. Makes me think that i should make something similar

Well done on cleaning all the blood from the trimming too :wink:

Noel,
Nice solution. I was ripping 62" (long) boards on my TS the other day and made do with a piece of ply tacked onto a 4x2 held in length ways in the workmate. It worked a treat but your folding table is far more elegant.

Andy

Tony, just used 2 x 4s (or similar) held in a simple ply bracket, like this:
IMG_0002TSrcd.jpg

Held on with carriage bolts and wing nuts for adjustment. One leg has an elongated hole where the bolt slips through for some adjustment as my floor is slightly uneven in places.

Noel

No, it's not a tenoning jig gloat, just a tenoning jig.......I've had it too long to qualify as a gloat, maybe 2 or 3 years. Didn't even see it it in the picture until you mentioned it....

Noel

Back