Folding table leg

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidh

Reaction score
I am making a folding table and the legs need to fold underneath the table top when not in use. When the table is in use i would like to be able to push the legs out to say 93 degrees, from the table top, to ensure they do not fold up when the table is in use. I have found a quadrant hinge on several sites but these only appear suitable to use in jewelry boxes, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions or know where to locate a more suitable type of hinge or fitting.

Could you hinge the leg on a bolt and then affix a block a small distance away from the pivot to define the angle at which it comes to rest eg your suggested 93 degrees?

Bob

I am planning on a similar project and thought of fastening the legs to an apron using bolts. The distance from the end apron piece would determine the correct angle for the legs. Trouble is the design is still in my head at the moment so difficult to explain properly.

regards

Brian

Latest posts

Back