Folding chairs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdotflorida

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at building a garden table and chairs next and would like the chairs to be foldable for winter storage.

Can anyone tell me where I can buy decent quality brass fittings that I will need for the chairs please ?

Hi,

I have just made some Iroko folding chairs look, in the gallery and here to see them. I used stainless steel screws and the only fittings are flat strip and lengths of tube, both in stainless and from the offcut/scrap bin of medical instrument makers.

They are really nice Dave. Very similar to what I had in mind. If mine turn out half as nice as those I will be well pleased.

To be honest I hadn't thought about fabricaticating the hardware. I just assumed somewhere would sell the appropriate bits and that would be the easy way. Seeing what can be achieved with a bit of ingenuity gives me food for thought.

Well I did cheat :oops:

I bought some plans from Wood on Line, here is a link to the plans, they are $5.95, not bad with the current exchange rate :lol:

It's annoying when you see Norm Abrams use brass fittings to make an outdoor chair (steamship deckchair) then you find that the brass hardware is unobtainable here without a very long difficult search, if at all.

Dewy":13dyfvih said:
you find that the brass hardware is unobtainable here without a very long difficult search, if at all.

That why I used the plans I found, the hardware could be made with a file and drill. :D

Latest posts

Back