Foam brushes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
It is hard to beat foam brushes for some jobs but when I used my last one a week or so ago, I found none in the big DIY stores - they seem to have simply stopped stocking them. In B&Q they claimed never to have heard of them - with that look in their eye that says " this poor old sod has no idea what he is on about".

Salvation came in the form of Decorating Direct who not only were able to supply them but also much more cheaply than any other online seller I found. When I got the brushes, I found them to be of excellent quality - best I have used. Only drawback was the delivery time - about ten days.

Frank,
Thanks for the tip - I never think of Ebay for consumables for some reason. I see that the brushes are slightly more expensive than Decorating Direct but only by 2p each and they have the advantage over DD of being able to buy them in one size only - DD's comes as a set of three different sizes.

I remember seeing Jenny Brushes on ebay before but I'm blowed if I can find any now (although there is someone called Acko's DIY Decorative (sic) selling foam brushes with 'Jen' in the title).

Axminster sell them in packs of ten at fairly keen prices (£3.10 for 50mmx10) although I've never used them & don't know about the quality compared to others.

Richard

waterhead37":38jc61bj said:
Paul,
The price is a rip-off. The brushes are of poorer quality than the DD brushes and cost 5 times as much!

Well we just sell the Liberon brushes at the Liberon Trade price. When you stock over 30,000 products it's difficult to be in touch with everyone elses prices.

Point taken on board though, thank you

I have used the Axminster ones before but find they break up quickly and also come off the spindle - either the handle pops off or the foam slides off the black plastic tongue.

I have bought the more exensive chestnut ones but not had need to use them yet.

Cheers

Tim

I bought some from Screwfix a few years ago and they're still in use...

chris sorry but it looks like the firm selling the brushes has packed up it was called westwater .co.uk. :oops:

frank

Latest posts

Back