FM help wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank S

Established Member
Reaction score
Being an old git I am stuck in a musical time warp of the 1950/60 era. Now that the AM frequency has been turned off in the Bath/Bristol area I can`t get Smooth on the car radio,so, can anybody please tell me the FM frequency for Smooth in this area ?
Frank S.

According to the Smooth website it isn't on fm in that area.

Seen it on dab though, probably. Doesn't help but at least you know it's there if you care to move to digital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Wuffles. I have DAB in the workshop and a lot of times it sounds like boiling mud so I wont be going to DAB in the car, also it`s very expensive to convert.
F.

Dab fluctuated too much for me in the house so I went Internet radio. Works fine in my workshop and van though. You could get it through your phone if you're relatively modern :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just what I was going to say....if you have any kind of internet device like a smart phone, all the radio stations can be accessed through various radio apps regardless their original analogue broadcast range. In other words, via the internet pretty much every radio station in the world can be played. You just need the internet device (smart phone, ipod, ipad, laptop, hudle etc) and a means of amplifying it if its in built speaker is not good enough.

The car I bought six months ago has an aftermarket DAB radio fitted along with a DAB window aerial. There are plenty of hills around here and I lose the signal only occasionally and momentarily, which is still better than listening to jeremy vine!
As a bonus it also has bluetooth and works as a proper hands free kit too.
It was bought less than a year ago for 89 quid from Halfords but seems to be pricier now, but similar may be worth considering?
http://www.halfords.com/technology/car- ... -bluetooth

Back