Flying Dutchman Scroll Saw Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
For those of you who who might be worried about ordering FD scroll saw bladesfrom America, I ordered mine on Sunday evening and they've just been delivered. I don't think you can ask for a better international service than that.

Gill

hmm well I also ordered on Sunday night! where are mine!

:(

Hi Gill please let us know how you get on with the new blades.
Did you get hit with customs tax, vat, extra postage on delivery
All the best

Hi Cabby

No import duty :) - in fact, I've never had to pay import duty on any blades ordered from Mike. He annotates the envelope as carrying 'saw blades' and that seems to be sufficient. VAT, of course, is not chargeable although local American tax is due and is included in the price. Postage cost $5.00 for 4 gross of blades, which is a bit pricey but well worth it for the speed of delivery*.

I don't know if you've used FD blades before, but they tend to be much more aggressive than other types. As a result, they have more bias to the right than normal but a lot of scrollers learn to compensate for this. Where they really score is in their durability. I've been cutting maple lately and found the FD Scroll Reverse lasted 3 times as long as the equivalent Olsons and Hegner Pebeos.

Gill

* WiZeR - let's hope yours arrive tomorrow. They can't be too far behind mine.

nothing today either :(

Gill, How did they arrive? Postman? Parcel Force?

Hi WiZeR

Mine came through the post. I've dealt with Mike for quite a while now; he's deservedly got a very good reputation and any shortcomings are likely to be with the postal service rather than him. It must be so frustrating for you to have to wait for your order when you know that mine's been delivered - do tell us when/if they arrive.

Moving even further off-topic, my copy of Scroll Saw Workshop arrived this morning. I'd guess that it's taken some 3-4 weeks longer than delivery to 'Murrican addresses. Still, this issue is definitely worth the wait - every turn of a page has inspirational ideas :D , with projects including a Christmas pyramid, Japanese bookmarks, a wonderful intarsia poinsettia Christmas wreath and loads more besides.

I'm a happy bunny today
bunny23.gif

Gill

thanks Gill, I'm sure it is the post.. Just wondered if I should be expecting a knock on the door.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Back