Flooring suggestions for workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the Axminster's interlocking 'rubber/plastic' tiles. over a plain old concrete garage floor.

No need for full coverage; just where you walk or stand. Gaffa tape will hold them down and remove the trip hazard, along the exposed edges, and they are comfy to stand on. They also cut easily with a Stanley knife and a straight edge. Mine cost £17.00 a pack; Axi occasionally do offers on them.

I see they are now a bit more expensive, but I have found them just the ticket; and they are great in my shed, and along a shelf where I store planes!

http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-an ... t-4-100222
Cheers and HTH

I have been using my set of four for over two years, they have been durable and easy to clean.
Two in front of the lathe and two for the bench.

I put in the cheapest laminated floor I could find discounted in the sheds together with underlay.

After 8 years of moderate use it has a few dings from dropped chisels etc but still entirely OK.

But I think the choice of flooring must depend on whether any existing machines can be easily moved. If not the interlocking tiles may be best as they are easily cut to fit.

Go to Costco - or get someone to do it for you, or find them somewhere else - and get a 6 or 8 off pack costing possibly £15 now of industrial flooring mats that all clip together. These are 600mm square sinthetic rubber foam mats, 10mm thick, that clip together. Been on the floor of my 'new' workshop for 15 years now and are cheap, relaible, effective and just great.
The only downside is when you get a ping-f**k-it that bit bounces and is not where you expect it to be!!
Rob

Latest posts

Back