Floor Standing Pillar Drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Floor Standing Pillar Drill recommendations for about £350 £400
Draper
Sip
Clarke
Sealey
Or ???

Opinions please
Mock

I concur with MikeG and would add Meddings to the list if looking second hand.

If you are set on new a friend of mine who is more into engineering than woodworking bought one made by Chester Machine Tools and is very happy with it. They sell direct as well as via engineering machinery suppliers.

Edit - he also said that if you look at their stuff on eBay but don’t buy the next day they send a 5% discount offer.

Chester Machine Tools i have been in touch with awaiting a reply 'Meddings and Fobco secondhand i can not find anything within my price range' and what i have seen are too far away and they will not courier still looking :roll: Mock

If you want one for woodworking only then I would suggest that you look at radial arm pillar drills from the likes of Sip Axminster ior Sealey. They are not heavy duty engineering machines but for woodworking only they are the best option in my opinion.

Just a quick up date on my floor drill .No reply from Chester Machine Tools when emailed .So i purchased a NU TOOL today 9 speed floor standing drill .Thanks ' for the help Mock

Back