Floating shelves (Fitted)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I have made a start on my next commission. Again it is another MDF unit This time it is a desk for a computer with sliding doors and three floating shelves above. I got the shelves done and out of the way first.
DSCN2972.jpg

They are to be painted by the customer I am happy to say along with the desk.
The shelves will hang on these brackets.
DSCN2973.jpg

Nice work Mailee, I bet that MDF bendering took a bit of doing! Where did you get those brackets from mate? Have you used them before?

EDIT: No worries, found some.

Cheers _Dan

Are you fixing the brackets straight onto a wall? If so, is the wall Completly flat or can the brackets be adjusted in any way?

yes it is going onto a solid wall. The brackets are adjustable for horizontal by screwing the peg in or out. HTH.

I have been working on the base unit over the last week. This will house a computer tower and the desk top is for the monitor and keyboard. It had to be slim due to the space available in the room, hence the sliding doors.
DSCN2975.jpg

On the end there is a slide out tray for the tower unit.
DSCN2974.jpg

DSCN2978.jpg

There is a removable shelf in the left hand section for disks and such.
DSCN2976.jpg

The cabinet where the tower is to be housed is well vented.
DSCN2977.jpg

mailee":12vbmh81 said:
I got the unit fitted today and took a photo. I shall return once it has been painted and take some more.
DSCN2982.jpg

Are the doors made to slide aside so you can put your knees in the cupboard when sitting at the desk!!! :wink:

No, there is no room for your knees even when the doors are open. This was at the request of the customer! I did offer to make a slide out section for the keyboard but she declined and said this is how she normally used the computer as space was tight in that room. I checked a couple of times with her before building it but she insisted it was fine as it was. she was very happy with it once it was in place so who am I to argue. Customer is always right, so they say.

Back