Flat top grind saw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiviChris

Reaction score
I want to buy a flat top grind 10 inch blade for doing box joints, splines etc but I can't ever seem to find enough detail in the product description to make me confident that I'm not getting a blade with an alternate bevel tooth. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good online retailer who'd list this kind of detail or even post a link to a flat top grind blade you've bought. Alternatively would I be safe buying a specific ripping blade rather than a combination blade to get flat tops?

Thanks.

Not 100% but i think you need a blade with negative rake on the teeth, could be wrong but someone will come along and point you in the right direction.

This is mainly American manufacture. I've not done much of this myself, so it's interesting to have a butchers, You may have to have some centres made up, if not the right sizes, you also need a longer shaft than standard in this country so an older bench is better.
There are other suppliers out there.
Best done on a router table loads of u tube pics.
HTH Regards Rodders
http://www.forrestblades.com/saw-blades ... dovetails/

Spot on with the size! Yeah, if I can get a max 75 cut out of a 250 blade then I guess I could go as small as something closer 150 and still get 25mm of cut depth.

marcros":3spn08qv said:
i got a cmt one with a bit of width to it. it was the 6mm one
http://bivenmachinerysales.co.uk/index. ... uct_id=790

you don't really need a 10" one because joints are not that deep. i bought it for box grooves and splines

i also found flat tooth blades hard to find.
That's the one! An excellent find and a good reply. I was looking for "chipper" toothed saw blade.
Rodders

Shame the cmt doesn't come in a bigger size. 150 is ok if you're not using a sled but probably a bit too small for a sled

Back