Flat Screen TV Support

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freetochat

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a supplier of a TV support. I am making a low level entertainment cabinet, and rising from the cabinet a TV screen support to give the illusion of floating above and wire concealment. Can anyone help please?

Regards.

Thought about this a while ago but decided i have to undertake a few projects first before my skills improve! Think the most impressive way of doing this is by means of actuators........ "Put simply, an actuator is something that converts energy into motion. It can also be used to apply a force. An actuator typically is a mechanical device that takes energy, usually created by air, electricity, or liquid, and converts that into some kind of motion. That motion can be anything from blocking to clamping to ejecting"....

Very clever things! Don't have to be that pricey either, depends on weight to move - my 42" LCD is a lot lighter than my mates same size plasma for example. Lots of info if you google it but heres some examples at a resonable price im sure you can get better though then its a case of two connections, one to the cabinet and one to the screen on either side. With regard to hiding the cable (and the actuators/power supply cables) some form of slim hollow supports either side of the screen? Lots of ways really but budget and space in cabinet dictates maybe? Fabricating this will probably be the most difficult thing.

Some actuators here........http://multimediasystems.co.uk/acatalog ... ators.html
common use for them and lots of suppliers, 36v transformers are common too and these have a fair bit of power.

Dean

Thank you for the replies, but I think I have phrased my question slightly wrong. Here is a LINK showing something similar. It is the tv support that I am seeking.

Regards

try 2 bits of tube whatever diameter you want, cut them to length and then fix them to whatever centres you require.

then span a piece of 18mm MDF board, fix using self tappers. then mark out the vesa centres thats required for the TV and drill (normally M8's) and then bolt the TV to your new bracket. The Trick is everything needs to be spot on.

I am in the throes of designing a tv stand where the TV pops up from out of the cabinet via remote control. won't be building it for a while though as its for the mother in law and she isn't a paying customer.

Back