FLAGS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carter Johnson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello....

It's been quite awhile since I've posted a jigsaw on this forum, so here is an international one for you. FLAGS is about a foot square, 255 pieces, cut from 1/4" poplar. My wife is starting on it now and I'm urging her to try assembling it without the little photo I always provide.

I would be willing to bet that most of you folks can identify and name more nations in the 72 flags than folks here in the U.S. could.

Phun!.....Your comments or questions are always welcome....... Carter

404183897.jpg

404183896.jpg

Looks very nice indeed you must have a lot of patience to produce this !

how many hours did it take you to make and how do you print the flags onto the wood or do you paint them ?

mark

Looks very impressive to me ,I have no idea how you go about a jigsaw . but being a new bee to scrolling I have a lot to learn .But I will be trying .

That is a lovely piece of work. =D>

How did you manage to get the flags to be so accurate??.

I'm also glad that you managed to get the Scotland flag in lol

Thanks for your questions and comments.

I sit at the saw about a half hour each day. Very seldom do I spend more time. This puzzle took about 7 sessions, so about 3 1/2 hours or a week. Here is a set of basic instructions for freehand puzzle cutting: http://wmyoung.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... hread=5004

The picture is from a calendar of Flags. Most of my puzzles (or my "jigsaws") are from calendars or photos. Here's a link to an album of the fronts and backs of many recent ones. http://www.picturetrail.com/carterj

I've been cutting jigsaws for about 19 years and have over 550 in my basement. I don't sell them, though they would be worth a lot of money. I prefer to loan them out to families who enjoy them.

Carter

Normally there is a 'Flag as inappropriate' button to press on forums for posts but in this case it's 'Flag the Flag as brilliant !'

Nice work Carter.

Carter,
what can I add what others have said. Just fantastick like always.
You are great Carter.
FD Mike

Hi Carter.
That's another brilliant puzzle. I hope Jean doesn't take too long putting it together. Hope you are well and Wendy is still getting her walks........
Best wishes
Roy

Back