Flags

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caretaker

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just seen a flag in a privat garden but not very good on flags, can you help.
Deep red back ground, with 3 lions in gold/yellow, one on top of other.

Royal_Arms_of_England_%25281198-1340%2529.jpg
More commonly Known as the royal and national arms of England

Roger

Attachments

• Royal_Arms_of_England_%25281198-1340%2529.jpg
    Royal_Arms_of_England_%25281198-1340%2529.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 1,123
I'll bet they get a visit from the council if the flag pole is over the legal height and another telling them to remove ti in case it upsets the local illegal immigrants who want to change England into a satailtte of their own country..

If that is what it is then it is a lovely flag and he should be proud to fly it!

Jonzjob":2nc1q01r said:
I'll bet they get a visit from the council if the flag pole is over the legal height and another telling them to remove ti in case it upsets the local illegal immigrants who want to change England into a satailtte of their own country..

If that is what it is then it is a lovely flag and he should be proud to fly it!

Why don't you try flying one where you are, and see what reaction you get! :shock: :lol: :shock:

Mike

I could quite easily fly the flag of our adopted country without any problems at all 8) 8) It's flown everywhere WITH PRIDE :twisted:

I could also fly the Cross of St George and there are probably more Frenchmen who would recognise it as the English flag and not, as lots of 'English' men who thought that the St George pin I wear on my gilet asked if was the Lifeboat emblem?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jonzjob":65cmsbsn said:
I could quite easily fly the flag of our adopted country without any problems at all 8) 8) It's flown everywhere WITH PRIDE :twisted:

I could also fly the Cross of St George and there are probably more Frenchmen who would recognise it as the English flag and not, as lots of 'English' men who thought that the St George pin I wear on my gilet asked if was the Lifeboat emblem?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am always surprised to see so many signs out here charting the travels of Mr Richard the Lion Heart. He seems to have been all over. The French understand the meaning of love of country. Just because we have left our native land, doesn't mean we don't still hold it dear and love what it used to represent. I have never been particularly worried about nationality but, like the world, am changing as I get older.

I believe Walter Scott wrote:

Breathes there a man with soul so dead
who never to himself hath said,
This is my own my native land.
Whose heart hath n'ere within him burned
as home his footsteps he hath turned
from wandering on a foreign strand?

If such there be, go mark him well,
for him no minstrel raptures swell
High though his titles power and pelf,
That wretch, concentred all on self,
living shall forfeit fair reknown and doubly dying
shall go down
to the vile dust from whence he sprung
unwept, unhonoured and unsung.

So there. Fly the flag.

caretaker":35ohnozy said:
I have just seen a flag in a privat garden but not very good on flags, can you help.
Deep red back ground, with 3 lions in gold/yellow, one on top of other.

Just out of interest, the correct 'blazon' of this (ie. description in heraldic speak) is:
Gules, three lions passant gardent, or.

Possibly not the must useful snippet you'll ever find on this forum, but fun anyway. :)

Have you seen the tomb of Coeur de Lion at Fontevraud Abbey Gordon. If not it is well worth a look. The abbey is a lovely place on the banks of the Loire..

As a matter of interest, I am English and very proud to be able to say so. I envy the French for their open love for their country. The Tricolour flies proudly everywhere.

"three lions passant gardent, or."

Or what? :? :? :roll:

Jonzjob":29t4pxgd said:
As a matter of interest, I am English and very proud to be able to say so. I envy the French for their open love for their country

With that, comes some things which aren't so nice. I'm happy to trade a BNP which is electorally meaningless for a load more flag-waving nationalism.

It is part of the English psyche to balance a twisted and fantastical feeling of superiority over all other countries with a more realistic self-deprecation. France has more belief in its own delusions (said with the first half of the previous sentence firmly in mind).

Lion "passant guardant" or Leopard:

Rod:)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336687113.418593.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336687113.418593.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 720
Back