Fitting Kitchen Units Around American Fridge Freezer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning to refit our kitchen (with a little help) but I'm struggling to work out the best way to fit the units around our american fridge freezer which is 910mm wide. I plan to fit units either side of the fridge with a unit in between over the top of the fridge. The only available top units are either 900mm or 1000mm wide. I'm not sure whether to use the 900 and add packing spacers or use the 1000 and cut it down. Either way I think it may look a bit bodged unless done correctly. I'd be grateful for some advice on the best way to tackle this.

Thanks,

Richard.

You could buy an extra end panel and cut and fit either side of the top unit adding two thicknesses to the dimension and giving a good gap between your tall units and your fridge.

It depends on your doors really. If you can successfully reduce the width of the doors, then go for the cut down 1000mm unit. Otherwise go for packing a 900mm unit. Split the packing so that the unit is centred.

On second thoughts I did something like that some time ago. I started with square edged doors so that I could cut down and re-edge. They look as if intended to be like that. Now, when it comes to re-facing the units I cannot find square edged doors. :x

Just my two penny worth.
xy

Another option is to make a 1000mm space using the larger bridging unit then either have two 45mm infill panels down the sides of the fridge or make a very narrow storage unit down one side fron tall end panels.

Or just sell the F/F and buy one thats made to fit a 900 space, there are quite a few about

J

Thanks for all replies. A new fridge would indeed be a good solution, but the one we have is not very old and unfortunately the budget is already being stretched. I don't think the door will look good if I reduce it so I'll probably try packing the 900 unit. I don't really want to waste the extra space taken by the 1000 unit.

Thanks again.

Richard.

I've got what chippymart suggests, you'll have a small gap each side; but, it's handy when you need to manoeuvre it in and out.

DT

Back