Fitting integrated washing machine?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
Should an integrated washer fit tight under worktop or is it okay to have a gap?
A kitchen fitter just told me it should but there isn't enough length on adjustable legs to do it?
It doesn't fasten to worktop or cabinet at all so I guess it doesn't matter, currently about 30mm gap.
Guess only option is to slide some timber under, really don't want to start pulling it out as all really tight with hoses etc.

Cheers, Doug

Just fitted a new one and we have a gap at the top, the last one I had was a Bosch and I managed to buy a height adjustment kit for it to get it to the worktop height, this is an aeg and doesn’t have a it, but has been perfectly fine.
I was going to put a trim piece in to cover the gap which I have seen done else where, but the wife wasn’t bothered so left it.
don’t put anything under it if you can help it as it’s a pain if you need to get it out and then put it back in

They are usually fix to the worktop or the cupboards either side Doug otherwise what stops them moving when the door is opened & closed.
Also fitting it lower will mean cutting into the plinth to allow the facia to pivot open.

They are usually fix to the worktop or the cupboards either side Doug otherwise what stops them moving when the door is opened & closed.

Whoops :oops: It’s been a long day

You mean the big fixing holes I have just drilled through the sides and top of the brand new Bosch washer dryer aren't needed 😧 🤣🤣🤣

Thanks for the advice everyone, it was driving me mad! I thought it seemed okay but was told to wind it up to the underside of the worktop. The back legs weren't adjustable from the front, luckily I have long skinny arms and could just reach them under the dishwasher and pull out bin but it was really awkward and quite painful. I got it up about 15mm when one of the back legs just screwed out, I swore a lot then spent ages getting it back in again.

Anyway it's all sorted now and I will know better next time 👍

Thanks again.

Just to add my two penneth a bit late as always. Washing machines shake, they can cope with it but can the units? Also they get hot and a gap above lets the heat out plus if you ever need to service it then it's easier to get at

Get some air wedges if there is a next time(y)

Unfortunately I tidied out my van last week and for some reason the air wedges got left in my workshop, of course I only realised this when I needed them today :confused:

You mean the big fixing holes I have just drilled through the sides and top of the brand new Bosch washer dryer aren't needed 😧 🤣🤣🤣

They’re a design feature Doug :unsure: 😂
The best integrated washing machine I fitted came with clips that fitted over the feet & helped stop the machine moving when it as spinning.

The secret is to ensure the machine is as level as possible, thus ensuring that when washing or spin drying, the machine does not wobble or vibrate in its aperture. ....Integrated washing machines do not fix into position in the same way as an integrated Dishwasher, for example.

I noticed this with my current machine, I was surprised as its really still - its a 1600 spin machine (don't know what that means, wife told me!!) and it just doesn't move at all.

The door attaches to the appliance, and that doesn't move vibrate or anything.

I noticed this with my current machine, I was surprised as its really still - its a 1600 spin machine (don't know what that means, wife told me!!) and it just doesn't move at all.

The door attaches to the appliance, and that doesn't move vibrate or anything.
😂 It means, don't put your favourite jumper in it at that speed, it'll come out with longer sleeves than a straight jacket and shaped to fit a rock! 😂😂 Just as another opinion for the machine, a gap above washer or dishwasher is good to dispel humid/hot air, they often come with a reflective sheet to stick on the underside of the worktop, plus if it's a granite/marble worktop you couldn't fix into it. I never fix into a worktop, d/washers normally have side fixing holes near the seals. Glad you got it sorted.

Back