Fitting a Veritas twin screw vice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone fitted one of these? I have a question regarding part of the instructions that don't make sense to me. It's on page 3 and relates to minimum jaw height.

The instructions say
twinscrew.gif

twinscrew2.gif

but the nut is coaxial with the thrust plate and so surely the instructions are wrong to say add the two together?

Roger

Roger
i remember that I also had some trouble sorting this out on my installation.
It was compounded by the fact that my front skirt was a bit deeper than in the plans.
I had some email chats with LV who were very helpful and IIRC did say that there was an error in the plan that I had. I have since given the plans away but will try to look out any info that I have still around if it will help you.
Another invaluable source of help was Ian Dalziel who 'held my hand' when it came to my tail vise.
Please let me have your email via PM and if I find stuff I will send it on.
Regards
Martin

No practical experience on this tool but my thoughts are:

Perhaps you double the dimension of the nut because that would then compensate for the item obviously not taking the same area up as the front plate.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and supporting emails. Alf..your link was very useful.

Doh...I'm being dumb. I'm missing the fact that it is half the nut height and half the thrust plate. The diagram and text is correct. :oops: :oops:

Roger

Back