• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

First Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admondo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’ve been researching for a few weeks now and would like to purchase a table saw, I have a deal online but I would prefer second hand as it may save me some ££ if I dont fully commit to my new hobby in the long run.

I would like either the dewalt job site saw or the evolution rage 5s.

If anyone has one of these kicking about or was considering an upgrade soon and would like some ££ that would be greatly appreciated.

New dewalt is £399 currently
New rage 5s is £299 currently

Many thanks

Last edited:
I would go for the DeWalt over the evolution rage, but if spending that sort of money, I'd go for a cast iron one like a kity, aximinster, charnwood etc.

Much nicer to use and more accurate.

Cheers James

I’m biased, as I have one for sale! However, a second Startrite, Kitty, Wadkin, SCM could be had close to your budged, and would hold its value, unlike any new options!

By the time you have a table top saw on something, they take up just as much room as a floor standing machine.

A good example (such as mine ;-) ) will require no more set up and fettling than a new machine, less in some cases.

I’m biased, as I have one for sale! However, a second Startrite, Kitty, Wadkin, SCM could be had close to your budged, and would hold its value, unlike any new options!

By the time you have a table top saw on something, they take up just as much room as a floor standing machine.

A good example (such as mine ;-) ) will require no more set up and fettling than a new machine, less in some cases.
Do you have a thread for yours for sale? Or any more info?

There were some good options as mentioned above on FB marketplace recently. If you are willing to go collect there are some bargains for your budget.

No disrespect to the DeWalt, it is a very capable machine, but I could not live with that racket in the workshop! I have the axi 216 and it is so much quieter than the site saws.

@KitchenFitter had an older version of that for sale last week.

Hi guys, I’ve been researching for a few weeks now and would like to purchase a table saw, I have a deal online but I would prefer second hand as it may save me some ££ if I dont fully commit to my new hobby in the long run.

I would like either the dewalt job site saw or the evolution rage 5s.

If anyone has one of these kicking about or was considering an upgrade soon and would like some ££ that would be greatly appreciated.

New dewalt is £399 currently
New rage 5s is £299 currently

Many thanks

I have a Rage 5s available as i have just upgraded. It was my first table saw. Problem is i am based near Slough so a bit of a hike for you. Bought in Feb 20 so i think it is still within its warranty period ( pls check but i think it is a 2 year warranty) . Was looking for £150. pm me if interested and i will send some more photos

1639297807865.png

Back