First table saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim l

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm making a small workshop and would like a table saw that will be set into a work bench but that can be removed to work outside. I only really use soft wood or occasionally 18 mm ish hard woods .my budget is £250 and am considering the sheppach HS 105 or the draper 1800w sliding table saw.any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Welcome Tim.

Are you really sure it is a good idea to set a table saw into a workbench? I simply can't picture the circumstance in which this is a good idea.

Sorry it will be at the end of a work table at the same height to receive longer lengths of wood.

Really need a bit more information, are you looking to rip cut? cross cut? or both, will the rip cuts be straight or curved? will the cross cuts be one plane or compound? all of this will make a difference to whether it's a table saw, cross cut saw or band saw you need, sorry to be so obtuse, but you would be surprised how often this question is asked and only after dozens of posts do we find out what is really needed.

Definitely need more info regarding why you want a table saw set into a bench, Its very limiting.
If its a lack of space issue I suggest looking at a site saw like the dewalt 745, on a wheeled stand. It can be lifted off and both items stacked when not needed.

Tim l":jji0fyx0 said:
I'm making a small workshop and would like a table saw that will be set into a work bench but that can be removed to work outside. I only really use soft wood or occasionally 18 mm ish hard woods .my budget is £250 and am considering the sheppach HS 105 or the draper 1800w sliding table saw.any ideas or help would be appreciated.

For the money, the HS105 is good. The draper is going to be very heavy and not ideal for your intended purpose (mobile)

I have a good mitre saw that will sit in a 4m bench that is good for crosscutting and compound cuts, so it's mostly for ripping down softwood floorboards and cutting ply panels to size ,maybe ripping down 2 inch softwood. I also already have a plunge saw for initial panel cuts. .

Sounds like the DW745 is probably your best bet here. I can recommend looking for a good condition one on the used market, see them go for £200 now and then. Only real issue with a jobsite saw is the blade to fence capacity, but can resolve that with a custom fence if you're making a stand for it anyway

Facebook marketplace is probably the best just now, gumtree is alright (bit quiet) and ebay is great for things that can be posted. Fairly safe these days from dodgy items as ebay makes returns easy (read: free)

Thanks Sam .I'll have a look at facebook.Gumtree didn't have what I wanted but was pretty good so something could turn up there. EBay just seemed to be just a few saws and loads of spare parts maybe I was in the wrong place.thanks.

Back