First table saw set up advice.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plodmore

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. Got my first table saw and am just setting it up. It's an Einhell TC-TS 2225. Other than the really bad nuts and bolts it was a pretty easy build. My main query is on how to align the blade. Specifically if there is enough wiggle room in the saw bolts to align the blade with the T slots. Oddly enough the blade is true with the fence but not the slots. If I can align with the slots I can alter the fence to suit. The mitre is not great (too wiggly for accuracy) but if I can sort out the blade/slots I can extend the mitre to run in 2 slots or even build a sled......unless anybody knows of a better mitre that fits???

P.S. would also be good to know if it is just the 4 allen bolts under the table at either end of the saw as I tried those and it didn't shift at all.

Thanks

Hello there, presuming the blade is tested for any issues, i.e no wobbling about.

It should be able to be done with the bolts for the table.
I'd take a guess the problem with whatever's preventing the table being adjusted might
be an issue with your floor, and might be adjustable if moved some other spot.
If not, Id take the top off and see.

Is there alignment pins, involved?

Tom

Thanks all. Cracked it. For others with the same saw..
The only adjustment is on the 4 Allan bolts under the saw table. The 2 at the front are relatively easy to get to but the 2 at the back are bisected by the table base. The base does flex a little but if you don't mind hurting the warranty you can drill a slot to get the Allan key in. You don't have to slot it but it is a lot easier. Just undoing these aligning and tightening won't work as they simply return to where they were. There is a "slot" where the carrier joins to the table and judicious use of a screwdriver here does hold the carrier until you can tighten it back up. Again the front 2 are easily seen and accessed but you can get to one of the rear ones from above. Fiddly but doable. I will try to drop a couple of pictures in later.

Stumpy nubs on YouTube has a good general video on setting up this type but his mallet and stick option won't work on this saw. The rest of it however is well worth a look.

Andrew

The only adjustment is on the 4 Allan bolts under the saw table. The 2 at the front are relatively easy to get to but the 2 at the back are bisected by the table base. The base does flex a little but if you don't mind hurting the warranty you can drill a slot to get the Allan key in. You don't have to slot it but it is a lot easier. Just undoing these aligning and tightening won't work as they simply return to where they were. There is a "slot" where the carrier joins to the table and judicious use of a screwdriver here does hold the carrier until you can tighten it back up. Again the front 2 are easily seen and accessed but you can get to one of the rear ones from above. Fiddly but doable. I will try to drop a couple of pictures in later.

Stumpy nubs on YouTube has a good general video on setting up this type but his mallet and stick option won't work on this saw. The rest of it however is well worth a look.

Andrew
Pictures of where best to apply screwdriver.
IMG_20210902_104755.jpgIMG_20210902_104625.jpg

Andrew
Thanks for posting. I had the same problem 3mm out of alignment from front of blade to rear. I found the hidden Allen screws and drilled through the plastic to be able to loosen them.

Shame on einhell for letting this product out with such a simple to solve fault.

Kudos for telling us the solution, so many posters ask questions and then leave us hanging.

Back