First Table Saw (Scheppach HS105 Purchased + Review)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a Scheppach HS105 and tore it to pieces, this is how it turned out.

Removed fence and extending table
Didn't bother with legs
Removed front and rear table extensions
Fixed guide rail for fence to front of table
I then modified the fence to lock only at front, as rear lock won't fit anywhere now.

I'm going make a cross cut and mitre sled and maybe a DIY fence but see how this one works for now.

9hJsCIM.jpg

josephdouce":13efj07c said:

Didn't bother with legs
I then modified the fence to lock only at front, as rear lock won't fit anywhere now.

I'm going make a cross cut and mitre sled and maybe a DIY fence but see how this one works for now.

9hJsCIM.jpg
...and how is it?

What was the reason for spending less than half your original budget?

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

sammy.se":379thyox said:
transatlantic":379thyox said:
In regards to slop with mitre gauges. If your saw happens to have a 19mm slot, these work very well.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-11-8-17-7 ... _42wBfJyrg

do those circular cams adjust to take out the slop?
I have these exact runners, they came with my Newer mitre Gauge.

Yes, they do.

What I would say is that the runner is exactly 3/4" not exactly 19mm. 3/4" is almost 19.06mm The slots on my Axy AC216TS are 19mm so I actually had to use glass paper on it to bring the runner down to point where it would fit in the 19mm slot, let alone the cams being able to be brought into action...

Bodgers":mwten2h5 said:
sammy.se":mwten2h5 said:
transatlantic":mwten2h5 said:
In regards to slop with mitre gauges. If your saw happens to have a 19mm slot, these work very well.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-11-8-17-7 ... _42wBfJyrg

do those circular cams adjust to take out the slop?
I have these exact runners, they came with my Newer mitre Gauge.

Yes, they do.

What I would say is that the runner is exactly 3/4" not exactly 19mm. 3/4" is almost 19.06mm The slots on my Axy AC216TS are 19mm so I actually had to use glass paper on it to bring the runner down to point where it would fit in the 19mm slot, let alone the cams being able to be brought into action...

Thanks.

Just checked my ts200 and it is 15mm. My trend router table is also not 19mm, so no good on both accounts. Never mind.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bodgers":37zcncgl said:
josephdouce":37zcncgl said:

Didn't bother with legs

9hJsCIM.jpg
...and how is it?

What was the reason for spending less than half your original budget?

The original budget was £250 then it increased as people suggested the Cast Iron table and Induction motors.

But for what I will use it for I couldn't warrant the price. I paid £190 new from FFX on offer.

1. Yes it's Loud
2. The Table is Flat (made sure I picked a saw with cast aluminium not pressed steel)
3. The fence is solid and square
4. Isues with the fence from reviews are pretty much negated by removing the whole sliding mechanism as it was loose, sloppy and inaccurate.
5. I've ordered a new tape measure for the rail as obviously the numbers don't line up any more.
6. Dust extraction is OK.
7. Yes the mitre fence is trash but I'm going to make a sled.

If I find I need it I could order the Charnwood Upgrade fence for the 619 if it turns out I need a better one for £55 and fit that and I'm still at less than half the price of anything with a cast iron table and Induction motor and the only loss is it's a bit loud.

Thanks.

Just checked my ts200 and it is 15mm. My trend router table is also not 19mm, so no good on both accounts. Never mind.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Yeah that as always the problem with the TS200

Here's some test results with the setup I posted.

Fence Settings

10mm
150mm
300mm
600mm

Observed Rips 3 of Each I rotated so 10, 150, 300, 600 so I had to re-set the fence for each cut.

10.5mm 10.2mm 10.4mm
150.1mm 150.5mm 150.1mm
300mm 300mm 300mm
600mm 600mm 600mm

I had calipers for 10mm and 150mm

This is good enough for me!

Back