First proper project since getting ill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droogs

Not the Sharpest Moderator in the box
Reaction score
I have started a new marquetry project this week and plan to do an article for the Articles board when completed. It is a computer desk that will have the IT components integrated within the desk structure and will have a tambour cover for the main section with hidden monitor lift and printer. The desk will be in the shape of a wing with the plinths resembling a Junkers corragated metal skin

The tambour will have the image below on it. The image is by Perrigrine Heathcote and will also have other 1920/30s aircraft and travel images on the various panels.

PeregrineheathcoteLufthansa.jpg

The first step is to convert all the images to templates for working on without the distraction of all the colour. The overall piece will use 42 different veneers, semi precious stones and metals in the design

PeregrineheathcoteLufthansaworkingcopy.png

I have started a new marquetry project this week and plan to do an article for the Articles board when completed. It is a computer desk that will have the IT components integrated within the desk structure
I'll follow this with interest.

My old PC sits on a desk in the corner of the living room.

I've been thinking about hiding it and making it quieter.

How's that going please Droogs? The original picture really interests me (as I'm sure you will realise) and I want to see the outcome in wood. "More power to the elbow" mate.

Will be watching this one :) always fancied having a go at a Tambour but i fear my skills would perhaps prove somewhat lacking :cry:

Added to watch list grade spot 1.

No pressure now :LOL: :LOL:

Marquetry is amazing, I have done some, though parquetry to be exact, fluted fans and shells type of thing but nothing compared to that level . So a nice long thread showing your techniques for cutting ,shaping, adjusting......saving...,and shading by heat or stain would be really cool.

Just if you can be bothered like ☺

Just an update - this is on pause until mid june as i have to build a new kitchen as the old one and the knackered floor are being ripped out in a fornight. Will post a progress report then

Thanks for the update Droogs. Nice to hear that your health is improving mate. Good luck with the kitchen, and look forward to seeing more progress on "the important project" (!) in June. :)

Cheers

But @AES these days the kids of 'terday have these new fancy wireless'that have pictures and they are actually wireless :eek:

Back