First Proper Job, Coffee Table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mezzanine Rob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Have done builds for family and friends but recently agreed to do a paying job.
Please let me know what you think, the customer was pleased enough to order another!

I must say from a hobby point of view the pressure of doing a paying job does remove some of the pleasure!

Mod edit image url:-
IMAG0141.jpg

Regards
Rob

Mezzanine Rob":1cd8bqen said:
Hi All
Have done builds for family and friends but recently agreed to do a paying job.
Please let me know what you think, the customer was pleased enough to order another!

I must say from a hobby point of view the pressure of doing a paying job does remove some of the pleasure!

IMAG0141.jpg
[/url][/img]

Regards
Rob

I like that, very nice. Do you have a photo of the underside or could you say how the table is attached?

Good job imo.
:)

Sorry but I don't like the design. To me it looks like the top is from one table and the legs from another. The execution looks very good and after all the customers is always right.

If we all like the same things then life would be boring.

Mick

I think it's a very interesting design and looks well made. The table top just looks out of proportion though. Maybe if it was bigger in diameter?

As you say Rob, Customer is happy and it's their £££ :)

Excuse the opinion, but the top is a little 'odd'.. but you could always swap that top out and go for more of a regular shape to match the table profile, ie. interchangeable tops giving you 'two' tables and a simple change as tastes and demands dictate..
Where the tops of the legs remain square, what would you think of making them curve on the inside, so they followed the circumference of the top, gives you a graduated change from square to round as well ?

Hope this leads to more commissions for you , a great start =D>

Cheers!

Would it be too 70's to ask for a smoked glass top?

Liking the shape of the legs though, got me thinking now...

Pete

Back