First project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callum

Established Member
Reaction score
So for my first handmade project I've made this cutting board from american walnut and some oak offcuts. Frustratingly it's ended up a bit smaller than I intended, as I learnt how to use the plane when dimensioning the separate sections :lol:
I enjoyed it though, and the Mrs is happy :D

1 (1).jpg

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 920
Nicely done. There's been many an occasion where I've dimensioned something, gone smaller than intended and then had to settle for the smaller size. All part of the learning process (for me at least)!

Good result. Lesson learned. Mrs is happy.
What's not to like about the learning process?
Well done Callum. That's a success.

nice job and an ideal first project, I still get things slightly undersize as well sometimes, only way to avoid it is to allow for it and add more then bring it down to final size when smoothing.

Something that'll be used most days=success! What's next project?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ColeyS1":38tbftkh said:
Something that'll be used most days=success! What's next project?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks, not sure about the next project. Maybe have a go at a simple stool to practice some mortice and tenons??

Aquachiefofficer":349nmyco said:
Just as a matter of interest- how did you connect the edges, just glue or dowel led?
Regards, Paul
Only used glue, I used titebond 3 and finished it with that osmo top oil, so hopefully it'll last for while. We've had a cheap shop bought board for years thats only just started splitting so fingers crossed.

Back