First project finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

al3ph

Established Member
Reaction score
Finally it`s completed!

Took awhile but finding a useful block of time at the weekend is always a challenge :(

Well that was very informative, learnt a fair few things, i.e. things not to do.. Biggest one was buy a proper thicknesser, not a 150 quid lemon from screwfix :)

Pretty much all my problems came from my planed wood not being true, and not having the patience to try and fix them, thought I could get away with half a mil here and there.. WRONG.

But in the end it turned out pretty good, most of the surfaces are covered or hidden so and tearout or other mistakes get hidden :)

I`ve also got a post on the design forum where I roughed out the original plan.

cheers

al

Nude
before.JPG

Fully stocked up
after.JPG

Attachments

• before.JPG
    before.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 1,417
  • after.JPG
    after.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 1,401
Looks good to me. I see you've upgraded to vinyl. I much prefer the sound of vinyl than cd's.
mark

Yeah, it`s more personnel, every play will be different as the record deteriorates, we have a record night every few weeks, though usually we just use the squeezebox (mp3 network player).

It`s more of a fetishistic thing, like my book collection, rarely read them (kindle is my preferred medium), but just can`t stop myself buying books from the Folio Society etc. :)

wallace":2925mkc1 said:
Looks good to me. I see you've upgraded to vinyl. I much prefer the sound of vinyl than cd's.
mark

Nice to see you got there in the end! Satisfying, isn't it?

Very nice, Love the Nixie clock.

Love vinyl too.

Pete

Thanks, nice mix of new and old eh ?

Only thing I might have changed is the plinth could do with be a bit lower.

Racers":1in77zy6 said:
Very nice, Love the Nixie clock.

Love vinyl too.

Pete

Yes, very satisfying, thanks for the advice :)

Next project is going to be a window seat with built in book shelf, should be a lot easier, though will need to probably use proper joints instead of biscuits.

AndyT":sjwi97hl said:
Nice to see you got there in the end! Satisfying, isn't it?

I did consider that to start with, but the ps3 and home server machines can generate a fair bit of heat, so I considered it a better idea to give them a good supply of air.

The wires can be tidied out of the way.

flh801978":2sv75x0o said:
Very nice looking
I would have put a full panel in at the back to hide the wiring more

Ian

Back