Members can turn off viewing Ads!

First Picture Post

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
=D> lovely finish there Chris, nicely done. =D>
unsure about the pedestal on the sycamore though :? will have another look later see if it grows on me :)

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Chris

The first item looks to be very thick on the walls and also a bit rough inside the top lip ?

The second item is a nice piece of wood looks to show some chisel marks on the foot , and I also think the foot need refining
How is the lid fixed as the grain alignment look as though it just sits on the top with no flange / collar to hold it in place

2 nice projects and good photos in the tent :wink:

chrisbaker42

Established Member
Reaction score
I also don't like the pedestal but not having an artistic bent I couldn't think what to do with it. If anyone has any good ideas I am happy to put it back on the lathe to change things a bit. I am also not keen on the finial but with my eyesight I tend to shy away from small things.

Yes the first piece is a bit thick in the wall but the perceived roughness inside the lip is the flecks in the wood, it is actually very smooth. The foot of the second one I probably gave up on a bit as I was just not happy with the design.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
chrisbaker42":qrwt81gc said:
I also don't like the pedestal but not having an artistic bent I couldn't think what to do with it. If anyone has any good ideas I am happy to put it back on the lathe to change things a bit....
i think I'd just round it off and then turn a dipped 'donut' or 'ashtray' type pedestal in a dark wood to sit it on/in

cb.jpg

Attachments

chrisbaker42

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input Nev that certainly looks better, hopefully I'll get back out there in the next couple of days and then post the new picture.

Latest posts