First picture ( I hope)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Made these the other day what do you think
DSCF0005.jpg

Hope it comes out

Very nice - hope you took some work-in-progress pictures,would be lovely to see the process :D

Andrew

yes very nice indeed. Can you talk us through the basic process?

Admire the time and patience taken over those, can envision the tension involved when forming the frilled lips.

Nice to see something very different. Could you tell us what is turned and what is carved? some bits are obvious others not so. Keep 'em coming if you have more of these.

Pete

Thanks guys

OK try to explain how these were made

The main body (ash) was turned leaving a thick lip at the top. For the frill this was then shaped using a dremel with a small sander drum 1/4dia. I sander 8 equally spaced points turned the unit over and done the same on the underside. Sanded these to form the frill as can be seen.
For the petals if you follow the pictures below these are cut individually and sanded. once all the parts are complete then comes the tricky bit getting the first of the petals to sick. Once you have the first petal in place and stuck this helps hold the rest in place
2009_0407.jpg

2009_04071.jpg

The leaf in the photo took about 5 min to produce it is not the one used on the candle stick

Wow like the rest of the members I would love to hear how you
made tease..do not have to go to in depth..
Would have them on my shelves any day....

Again thanks everybody

Mikec

have given a brief description above if there is something you are not sure about by all means ask. Sorry i'm not very good at putting things into word I tend to go to the shed and do it.

Very well done =D>
I particularly like the delicate frills and thin leaves.
Great effort. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

John. B

Thanks for updating the thread and showing some of your
secrets..You made it look so easy..will have to get my fret saw out
and have a go... :idea:

Back