first go at something different

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
this is the first thingy ive made of multiple pieces excluding the toy challenge and it didnt come out too badly. the wood was labelled tiger oak, though thats not something i've heard of. stands about 5in tall.
7f63db5b72082bd53743c1e28ac328a5.gif

Jeez Nev. thats mad what you can do with the picture. =D> =D> .
Ihope this is not brought in for the 2012 challange or it will set me back
another few years, :oops: :oops:

I must be buying all the wrong kind of komputers . Maybe I should read what it says on the tin. :idea: :idea:

I love the detail in the stem, nice piece and nice wood.
Off to practice my beading and coveing :)

great turning!
and a great picture programmy thingy
i hope you dont mind me using your thread to test my own :)

6e8ecced99c7005e344743fe8ffa62e6.gif

please excuse my shoddy photography skills

Melinda_dd":1v27ncs9 said:
i like the stem too. whenever i try something like that it just doesn't look right.proportions i think.

pure luck as far as both the proportions and the finished article are concerned. the 'blank' was about 2x3x10in so i cut a square off the top and bottom and the stem was what was left over ripped up the middle(ish).
started with the domed top, then the base and then hovered the one over the other til it looked about right and the stem blank just happened to be the right length. :oops:

mike s
no problem and nice vase =D>

Very nice Nev,

Although just one picky, im not keen on the side profile of the head, , but thats just me.

The rotating image is a good idea, but i do like to be able to open and zoom on pieces - again - thats just me,

loz":28aookab said:
Very nice Nev,

Although just one picky, im not keen on the side profile of the head, , but thats just me.

The rotating image is a good idea, but i do like to be able to open and zoom on pieces - again - thats just me,

to be honest loz, i couldnt think of any other shape apart from 'wheel' so went with roundedish :oops:

and for zooming, thats what ctrl and + is for :)

thanks Nev & Loz, I now know how to zoom and you have added to my fantastic ability on the computer.

Seriously there are buttons on here that have never been pushed.

Still love the clock

boysie39":37bt87ib said:
thanks Nev & Loz, I now know how to zoom and you have added to my fantastic ability on the computer.

Seriously there are buttons on here that have never been pushed.

Still love the clock

you're welcome Eugene . (and by the way ctrl and - zooms out, and ctrl and 0 (zero) puts it back to normal. :) )

Back