First For a WoodWorking Forum !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houtslager

Established Member
Reaction score
long term planning needed

An idea that crept up from behind and hit me - it was :shock:

Can we ORGANISE a GRAND MEET

hm ok I realise there are 700+ members from all over the world, but surely it COULD be done, say for the Summer of 2006 heh !

So would the general members be up for a weekend of
chatting, boasting or even bringing along best tool gloat for others to see feel etc........ :p

all answers on a 4 x 6 postcard to
the nuthouse, amsterdam, the netherlands :wink:

Just checked 803 members

If Philly's bringing all his gloats it will need to be a big venue how about the NEC ??

Bean

Bean":15cax92x said:
If Philly's bringing all his gloats it will need to be a big venue how about the NEC ??
I really shouldn't have taken a mouthful of tea before reading that... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Aw-you lot are bad! :lol:
I've only got a double garage at home, so obviously the NEC will be big enough. And we can fit in Chris and Waka too!!!! :lol: :wink:
The Overated Gloatster :twisted:

Chris":28aeqejv said:
I guess I could always beg a lift from Brian..

I don't think the Saxo would get going with your new plane in it! :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, how many of us went to Axminster/ Exeter last year?

I was thinking that it might make sense to do this but at a woodworking based venue - the trouble is the shows are never geographically good for everyone.

Perhaps the organisers might be persuaded to give us a discount off the ticket price :wink:

Cheers

Tim

Can i choose the location. How about Southern California?

All joking a side in theory it is a very good idea. It would take some organising, but you can count me in.

Regards

Woody

What you need is somewhere with access to a workbench and some wood. At least that's what I considered a priority after the Axminster Show and being unable to do anything but look at a BugBear sharpened saw... :cry:

Cheers, Alf

I was thinking along the same lines as Chris - only I was thinking ask them to give us a room - if only half of us show up it would still represent one hell of alot of buying power!, in fact if Philly and Waka go they would probably let us have our own special preview day :p

Aw c'mon, it needs to be somewhere exotic! Amsterdam is a least a foreign country, isn't it Houts? Sorry I can't offer any lifts - I sold the plane in '94 when I broke my wrist and couldn't fly it... :lol:

waterhead37":2bkoj7kh said:
We could always hire a stand at Axminster!

Have you any idea how much that would cost??? :eek:

I think this is a fun idea and worth supporting, perhaps the best approach would be arrange a huge meet at one of the shows and a meal or some such afterwards.
For one of the organisers to donate a stand they would expect it to be manned every day and at all times and to generate interest for other visitors.

The turnout at Tools 2004 was good, but at Ally Pally and some other shows the number of people who have said hello was, frankly, disappointing. To get a show organiser on board will require a huge commitment from participants here - a commitment I fear most will be unable to make despite best intentions.

I reckon that arranging the meet at a show and taking over the coffee shop would be best! Failing that there is nearly always room around our stand!

For me it would need to be north of the Watford gap - which most of the woodworking shows ain't

Or turns to stone..
StatueRanoRaraku.jpg

well Im off to somerset in april where they make nice cakes and sell harwdwood qnd tools and hope to meet Waka and aphilly nagain whoose up for that then??

And Jam

Venue Type: University
Largest Group: 2,000
Number of Meeting & Event Rooms: 286
Overnight Room Type(s): Residence Halls Hotel-Like Nearby Hotel(s)
Bath Type(s): Private Communal Semi-Private
Number of Overnight Guests: 3,612
Nearby Cities: Leicester - 12
Nottingham - 18
Birmingham - 45
Nearest Airport/ Number of Minutes: Nottingham East Midlands Airport, 8 minutes

well hows about here for SPRING 2006 it has enough room for all of us, plus our better halves and even kids too :p

Back