First For a WoodWorking Forum !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well hows about here for SPRING 2006 it has enough room for all of us, plus our better halves and even kids too

I'd still need a passport for that huh....???

HS

Sounds about right :wink:

Chris/Alf

It's far worse than either of those if I head south :) Went down there 22 years ago, met a girl and ended up married to her :shock:

ya pipper ! should not áve had a mouthful of tea whilst scrolling down and reading your post Tony !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got a wet and sticky keyboard now. thank-you :shock: :roll:

Philly":3fto9q20 said:
And we can fit in Chris and Waka too!

Les Mahon":3fto9q20 said:
in fact if Philly and Waka go they would probably let us have our own special preview day

Now one can get really hurt with these derogatory remarks, my workshop is smaller than Philly's and I suspect Chris's as well and I could probabley get all my tools in a shopping bag.

Anyway I think a big meet would be a good idea.

One of the most frustrating things I find about woodworking shows is that I am possibly standing right next to someone I chat to online, but don't know it. What would solve that problem is some sort of badge we can wear.

I am not the right person to design such a badge, but I'm sure there are people 'out there' with the design expertise.

How about we hold a competition for a group badge incorporating some sort of logo and maybe space for a handle.

A side effect of this would be that show dealers would see (hopefully) lots of people wearing UKWorkshop badges and be more ammenable to giving members a discount 8)

Dennis

Hey Dennis

We could get a UKWorkshop anorak made for all members :lol: :lol:

Hi All,

This is probably a daft idea...but then the best ideas always start out a bit silly.

I really like the idea of a Grand Meet and doing it at the NEC is probably sensible. BUT...you know there is always a but...

what about trying to set up smaller meetings on a Regional basis around the various shows so thats:-

Axminster Show...Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Avon etc etc
North of England Show etc etc

This would allow several things:-
1) Locals meeting up might enjoy each others company
2) A UK Workshop Tee shirt might be a cheap way to press suppliers for discounts
3) Provide a continuous presence across most shows as well as a big bash

All we would need is a South East show ( Ally Pally) + Midlands ( oh yes theres one of them)+ Scottish / Welsh Shows maybe....my knowledge of shows is a bit narrow here

But organising us into 4 or 5 groups should be possible.

I would volunteer to try to arrange space at various shows by means of underhand discussions ( pressure, blackmail, threats of press exposure, naughty photos) with anyone who will listen and can provide a space

Latest posts

Back