First compressor & nailers, connection issues...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldeneyedmonkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've got the Senco PC1010 Compressor, coupled with the Nylon Coiled Air Line from Axy & the Axy AW50N Brad Nailer. All of them say that they have 1/4" BSP Quick Release fittings, and they all do, apart from the compressor (even though it says in the manufacturers specs' that it's a 1/4").

So I did some troubleshooting, and the air line connects back onto itself, and it also connect onto both guns that I've got from Axy (I got the headless pinner as well). So I had a look at the compressor's connector and it seems to be too small for the male connector of the hose to fit into. Can I just swap the connector on the compressor for a 1/4" fitting from Axy, part no. 100311? Why would it be smaller? As I had a quick scan through a few sites and I couldn't see any fittings smaller than a 1/4".

Sorry for any ingnorance, not used to air tools. Before this I used the DeWalt 18v nailer.

I would have got some pictures to illustate what I mean, but the charger's gone walkies.

Cheers in advance. _Dan.

There are at least two common types of QR connectors. The pictures on the AXI site look like PCL types and maybe your compressor has the other type. They are not interchangeable. The 1/4" refers to the thread on the other end and is irrelevant to your question.
In my experience, PCL are much better so maybe converting your compressor to this will be the best bet.

All these http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-qu ... prod19503/ look like PCL. Maybe Axi is dumping the smaller type to make their lives simpler.

Yes pneumatic connectors can be confusing. There are other types too just to muddy the water further.

Bob

There are also 2 types of 1/4" threads in use which do not interchange 1/4BSP and 1/4"NPT - the latter can appear on some imported tools/machines. Sorry!

Cheers Bob,

What does PCL stand for? Pneumatic Connector... something?

The connector I need to swap on the compressor plugs into the box that the outlet pressure gauge and pressure regulator are attached to. I think I need the 4th one from the left (Order no. 100312). I'm going to get them from Axy as I want to get the blow-off gun kit and an adaptor for it from them as well.

Cheers _Dan. :)

I think PCL would have been the original manufacturer and has now gone into common use. Interesting that Axi don't use it in their description so maybe there are still IPR/trade mark issues.

The only note of caution to your plan is that your compressor might have a NPT thread - Senco may or may not be able to confirm this

BSP = british standard pipe NPT = national pipe taper - a thread of American origin but has crept into China

Bob

Cheers for your help Bob,

I've emailed them (not ringing as they're 'local' distributors are in Holland), I'll see how it goes.

edit: got hold of someone at a U.K distributors, it's BSP. Sorted, I'll get onto Axi and get parts ordered.

Much appreciated Bob,

Ta. _Dan.

Back